Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stalin ordered JW assasination

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Joseph Stalin was the leader of the Soviet Union from the mid-1920s until his death in 1953. Joseph Stalin ordered the KGB to assassinate John Wayne because he considered his anti-communist rhetoric a threat to the Soviet Union. Assassins were supposedly sent to LA but failed to kill Wayne before Stalin's death. When Khrushchev met John Wayne in 1958, he told him "that was a decision of Stalin during his last five mad years. When Stalin died, I rescinded that order."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-a7KPmOnok

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ironic really, as it was the US Govt who indirectly killed him and many other people via their nuclear weapons testing within the US. Many westerns were filmed on land that had been heavily contaminated with fallout and other forms of radiation follow the tests.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm just thinking of all those movies I wouldn't have been subjected to as a kid because of my dad, that I might have otherwise missed!

STALIN OUT!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apparently, Frank Sinatra had his picture taken pissing on the remains of Hitler's bunker and sent it to John Wayne with some message along the lines of "this is what I think of your hero". He wasn't just anti-communist (which is of course a very admirable, honourable and intelligent way of thinking), even for his day, The Duke was considered an appalling racist.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
James Wilson?

Must have been a palace fan, which explains plenty.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
stalin ordered the assaination of just about everyone he did not like and even some he did like

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm just thinking of all those movies I wouldn't have been subjected to as a kid because of my dad, that I might have otherwise missed!

STALIN OUT!

What's wrong with:

The Searchers
The Man who shot Liberty Vallance
True Grit
She wore a yellow ribbon
Stagecoach
Red River
Rio Grande
Rio Bravo..........

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ironic really, as it was the US Govt who indirectly killed him and many other people via their nuclear weapons testing within the US. Many westerns were filmed on land that had been heavily contaminated with fallout and other forms of radiation follow the tests.

That's right. Nuclear radiation killed the heavy smoking alcoholic John Wayne.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yep, that's right. John Wayne who did a film set on the site of where Nuclear testing was performed(area 51) dies from a pack of Marlborough lights and a bottle of Budwieser.

If he had smoked just one pack of fags and drunk one beer then you would have a point. He had those before breakfast for 50! years.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
BBC breaking news Russian Cruise missle hits north-west. You think the BBC could have mentioned it wasn't the north west of England!!!!

Russian cruise missile goes astray during test, hits block of flats in north-west, media say - no injuries reported http://bbc.in/1RmBkhr

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here