Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upgrades

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry to be back on this but thread now gone. Very unlikely under 10s will be able to attend evening games of which there will be more then 6. Are the club saying they would rather the seat be empty then allow an upgrade. From what I see of statement club think if used more then 6 times the adult should buy a season. This is all very well if same person buying the but sure it is usually different people upgrading. With this hassle isn't it just going to mean more people with children will be reluctant to renew

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The threads definitely still there.

I guess the club feel that if they're going to allow upgrades they need to set a limit. As has been said elsewhere other clubs that allow upgrades limit it to 4 per season and a large number of clubs stick to terms and.conditions stating that season tickets are non transferable

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry to be back on this but thread now gone.
Has Barber (Bozza) deleted it?

Very unlikely under 10s will be able to attend evening games of which there will be more then 6. Are the club saying they would rather the seat be empty then allow an upgrade.
I agree with you. The rules should be adjusted for evening games for under 10s. The club don't want people reserving cheap tickets by using an under 10 ST, but on the rare occasion someone does that I don't think they'll want to go to all the evening games. Evening games could count for just half a game (eg, you get 12 points a year, upgrading an evening game costs 1 point, a weekend game costs 2).

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I agree with you. The rules should be adjusted for evening games for under 10s. The club don't want people reserving cheap tickets by using an under 10 ST, but on the rare occasion someone does that I don't think they'll want to go to all the evening games. Evening games could count for just half a game (eg, you get 12 points a year, upgrading an evening game costs 1 point, a weekend game costs 2).

Bozza hasn't deleted it cos it's still on the 2nd page

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Sorry to be back on this but thread now gone. Very unlikely under 10s will be able to attend evening games of which there will be more then 6. Are the club saying they would rather the seat be empty then allow an upgrade. From what I see of statement club think if used more then 6 times the adult should buy a season. This is all very well if same person buying the but sure it is usually different people upgrading. With this hassle isn't it just going to mean more people with children will be reluctant to renew

There could be six at the beginning of the season... that seems reasonable to me... however, the limit should be increased by one for every game moved from its originally planned start time/day by Sky.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Far too messy and confusing to implement shirley?

If you start imposing different rules and regs for evening games, as opposed to Saturday kick-offs, it risks creating even more problems than it solves.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
An under 10 season is about £3 game. If I was club I think I would be delighted if that seat was upgraded every game. I realise there are other concessions but would think out of all, it is very young who don't attend most. Stewards don't do much once game starts and could easily do spot checks at each game to see is if any ticket abuse

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
An under 10 season is about £3 game. If I was club I think I would be delighted if that seat was upgraded every game. I realise there are other concessions but would think out of all, it is very young who don't attend most. Stewards don't do much once game starts and could easily do spot checks at each game to see is if any ticket abuse

What they want to avoid though, I'd imagine, is people taking out very cheap (U10) season tickets, at a very low price, just to reserve the seat, for when they fancy paying the upgrade and taking a mate along.

If anyone thinks this doesn't happen - it absolutely does. I know someone who snapped up 1 adult and 2 x U10s in the FS (each U10 is pennies) to bring one kid and have a 'spare'.

I also know someone who bought an extra child's ticket (adults are £60, kids are only £5) for the last Lords Test match, just so he'd have a bit of space, and somewhere to put his hamper...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
What they want to avoid though, I'd imagine, is people taking out very cheap (U10) season tickets, at a very low price, just to reserve the seat, for when they fancy paying the upgrade and taking a mate along.

If anyone thinks this doesn't happen - it absolutely does. I know someone who snapped up 1 adult and 2 x U10s in the FS (each U10 is pennies) to bring one kid and have a 'spare'.

I also know someone who bought an extra child's ticket (adults are £60, kids are only £5) for the last Lords Test match, just so he'd have a bit of space, and somewhere to put his hamper...

Ooh I might start bringing my own hamper to the Amex.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

A hamper? Was he an MCC member?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Never realised how devious people are. Think I must have led a very sheltered life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here