Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London-bound trains currently banjaxed

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Due to signalling problems between Purley and East Croydon...

One would hope they will be sorted for later, but if anyone was in two minds about which team to catch, my advice would be as early as you can (now would be advisable given the current speed of progress)

The only info the driver can give is from Twitter and the National Rail Enquiries website... Shambles!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
lead to a 15 min delay in the rush hour this morning, surprised if its got worse since then (with fewer trains)

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Delays over an hour currently

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should all be cleared up by this afternoon

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Should all be cleared up by this afternoon

Well, yes it clearly should be, but we all know that the chances are...

Just made it to East Croydon - 2 hours after leaving Brighton.

Good luck folks!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
lead to a 15 min delay in the rush hour this morning, surprised if its got worse since then (with fewer trains)

It was up to half an hour when I got to East Croydon around 9. Just met a colleague who had a much longer delay on a train that should have been half an hour behind mine.

Only yesterday, I got my delay repay vouchers from my last trip into London for an important meeting. At least I know how to claim!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was up to half an hour when I got to East Croydon around 9. Just met a colleague who had a much longer delay on a train that should have been half an hour behind mine.

Only yesterday, I got my delay repay vouchers from my last trip into London for an important meeting. At least I know how to claim!

Oh - thanks for this post. I only travelled up yesterday as a one-dayer so I only had a (bargain £55) one day ticket. I didn't know I could 'delay repay' only ever having done it with when I've had weekly season tickets. The 5:40 London Bridge train was delayed by over half an hour coming home so I need to find my tickets in the recycling box now to make my claim!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Oh - thanks for this post. I only travelled up yesterday as a one-dayer so I only had a (bargain £55) one day ticket. I didn't know I could 'delay repay' only ever having done it with when I've had weekly season tickets. The 5:40 London Bridge train was delayed by over half an hour coming home so I need to find my tickets in the recycling box now to make my claim!

Any ticket is covered by delay repay and should have the cash option now too

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We may be delayed then

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The control at Southern are proper bobbins for their staff on the front line. On countless occasions I found out stuff from Twitter that the guard/station staff didn't know.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
The control at Southern are proper bobbins for their staff on the front line. On countless occasions I found out stuff from Twitter that the guard/station staff didn't know.

Last year I had their twitter team claiming "up to 60 minutes delay" on the Uckfield line when I'd already been sat on a completely stationary train for 90 minutes. Line was blocked by a fallen tree, how they were trying to get away with trying to claim "up to 60 minutes" delay was mind boggling. My eventual delay totalled up to over 4 hours that night, and I had to get my wife to come pick me up (60 minute round trip for her) otherwise it would have been longer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I remember two years ago trying to get from London to Craft Beer Brighton on Xmas eve when the rail had given up. The ground staff were utter utter shit and it was NSCs finest who helped me out.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
It's only taken me 3 hours to get from Warrior Sq as far as East (bloody) Croydon. Now run out of beers. Not good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here