Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wilson will have been with us 28 days on xmas day

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
As far as I understand james Wilson cannot be recalled by man utd after Christmas day as this would be the max amount of time for him to go back 28 days is this correct anybody/??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think he can recall him AFTER that date. But I may be wrong. But certainly he has the ability to recall him back in January as has been widely reported.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We need to ensure that we buy a top quality striker in the transfer window. We can't afford to assume that Wilson will not be recalled. I have no doubt that all of our rivals for promotion will be strengthening significantly and we can't afford to be left behind in the promotion race if we are to reach the promised land.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He can in effect be recalled after the Middlesbrough match.

No one actually knows for sure if the period for possible recall ends on January 31st, or not.

Something perhaps for HB&B to dig deeper on at the press conferences that he attends ???

Last edited:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
SNN0539GX1-682_1285853a.jpg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It all depends when the emergency loan becomes a half season loan - can this be any time in the month of January ???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The way things are at United at the mo I think it very likely Wilson will be recalled... its a Catch 22 situation for us... we need Martial and Rooney scoring!!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The way things are at United at the mo I think it very likely Wilson will be recalled... its a Catch 22 situation for us... we need Martial and Rooney scoring!!!
LVG is a very proud man I can't see it somehow. In addition Wilson has been poor when called upon for utd this season. It would be very desperate of them to bring him back. As LVG has already stated the loan will cause pain in the short term but will bear fruit in the long run.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It all depends when the emergency loan becomes a half season loan - can this be any time in the month of January ???

I thought this too, but the rules are different for a youth loan, they can be recalled at any time after the first 28 days. This applies to emergency, full and half season loans.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Given the inexperienced sides that LVG has put out in the past few games, I don't think Wilson is the answer. When people are talking about the likes of Ronaldo and Bale moving to Old Trafford, I don't think he would bother with Wilson.

I could be very wrong, but I think we'll be ok and he'll be here until the bitter/triumphant end. Having said that, I kinda agree that another (permanent) striker in January would be a good move.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I can't see LVG recalling him. He was was happy to send him out and their situation and presumably his mindset won't have changed that much in that short space of time. Like people have said, I would imagine if he decides to strengthen, it will be by paying over the odds for a top class striker, rather than recalling a player on loan to the league below.

I am bloody pleased he did loan him though!!!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He will be recalled. The United fans are bellyaching about him so much that LVG will take him back and not play the blighter rather than let them carry on whinging on their local radio stations, Man Utd TV and just about everywhere else where they congregate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here