Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hemed-derby-ld229-2851845_478x359.jpg

Tomer Hemed
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 15th December 2015
by Benedict Spalding
We all need to stay in our best shape because we know our competition is tougher than ever."
Tomer Hemed
Brighton and Hove Albion striker Tomer Hemed believes that the increased strength in the depth within the squad will enable him to improve further and contribute even more to the team.

The Israeli international came off the bench to score the winner against Charlton in Albion's last home game, and feels the new additions are helping to motivate him back to top form.He said, “It’s good for the team to have more quality players, we have some good options and know that a different striker can play in every game, so it gives us the desire to try harder and play better.
“We all need to stay in our best shape because we know our competition is tougher than ever, but it’s good having new players around the club.
“For me being a striker, I know that I always need to play to the best of my best ability. In the beautiful game of football you never know when you’ll have the best game of your career. Every game that I start I believe that I will score.”
The 28-year-old hailed the togetherness in the squad and feels everyone is pulling in the right direction, as the club maintains a push for promotion.
“With the new signings here we have worked very well, it’s been the same since day one and we have kept that level up ever since. It’s not just us players, it’s all the staff too. If we all carry on doing our jobs, then we can stay top until the end.
“Since the first game for Brighton I have felt comfortable in the squad and with the league too. Every week I learn more about the club and the league and I try to keep proving that to the fans, gaffer, and myself.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The striker is enjoying the faster pace of the Championship compared to his days playing in Spain and feels he can have more of an impact in each game.“In La Liga, I played for teams that defended for most of the time, which meant that I didn’t get many opportunities to score goals, especially when you’re playing against teams Like Barcelona, Madrid, Atletico and Valencia.
“The style of football is different, everyone knows that; here in the Championship it’s more intense and there are a lot of games in a short space of time, which is the polar opposite in Spain.
“The big difference here at Brighton is that I am at a team that controls the game and that enables players to feed me many chances to score.”

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS**
[/h]FRIDAY 1ST JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here