Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving to the Match Tomorrow

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Hi all

any tips for the drive to QPR tomorrow? Parking? Any congestion charges? and other nuggets of info? :)

You should park south side of Goldhawk Rd & walk. My best tip would be Richford St, Sycamore Gardens (closest as you can walk up St Stephens Ave through to Uxbridge Rd from where it's a left then right onto Blomfontein Rd & follow the crowds). Both are free parking after 5pm. If you park north of Goldhawk Rd it's £2.80 per hour until 10pm. Both of these are no more than 10 minute away. You may be OK on some of the roads which are north of Goldhawk but I couldn't swear to it & I am in Dorset at the moment so can't check! I will however be doing the same as you so that's where I will be parking to be sure I don't get a ticket which you WILL upto 10pm ( Grrrr) as there are no shortage of parking gestapo.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You should park south side of Goldhawk Rd & walk. My best tip would be Richford St, Sycamore Gardens (closest as you can walk up St Stephens Ave through to Uxbridge Rd from where it's a left then right onto Blomfontein Rd & follow the crowds). Both are free parking after 5pm. If you park north of Goldhawk Rd it's £2.80 per hour until 10pm. Both of these are no more than 10 minute away. You may be OK on some of the roads which are north of Goldhawk but I couldn't swear to it & I am in Dorset at the moment so can't check! I will however be doing the same as you so that's where I will be parking to be sure I don't get a ticket which you WILL upto 10pm ( Grrrr) as there are no shortage of parking gestapo.

Isn't there a slightly hidden but pay car park round the back of (now closed) garage opposite the television centre ? My mate was parking there 6 months ago.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Have a look at the following URL - parking map for the area. The last QPR match, I drove into W12 from work in Swindon via the M4 and parked south of Uxbridge Road off Boscombe Road when meter restrictions had finished. This is still north of Goldhawk Road. The trick is keeping well west of Westfield and Shepherds Bush Green and the one way system. Most residents make a point of dashing back from work to get parked before the restrictions are eased if there is a home match on. North of Uxbridge Road is restricted on match days.

http://www.lbhf.gov.uk/Images/88600_122_T_Watermark_Layout1_tcm21-165620.pdf

theboybilly

Go onto the 'Park on my Drive' website and type in 'Shepherd's Bush'. Location F is a parking space on a private drive right next to the ground. The owner is looking for a monthly deal but will consider a day rent until she can find a longer term 'tenant'. Your car should be safe there with all the Old Bill about

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
As someone whose life is being shortened by London's illegal levels of pollution, I'd ask you kindly to get the train. Cheers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here