Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finally some positive injury news....

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Andrew Crofts is back in the Albion squad for tomorrow night's latest test to their unbeaten Championship record at Queens Park Rangers.

Manager Chris Hughton has also revealed striker Sam Baldock is ahead of schedule in his recovery from thigh damage and winger Kazenga LuaLua (groin) is on the way back too.

The positive bulletin in respect of the table-topping Seagulls' existing long-term injury list is timely, with Solly March set to add to Hughton's headaches with right knee damage sustained at Derby on Saturday.

Back-up central midfielder Crofts has been ruled out of the squad for the last four matches by a hamstring problem.

Hughton said: "Andrew Crofts is in the squad. Sam Baldock will join in full training next week, so he's ahead of schedule which is very good.

"Also, we're looking at Kazenga joining in training I think next week as well, so they are positive signs.

"Kazenga, particularly with Solly being injured, is an important one for us and it will be good to get him back."

Baldock has been out since the clash against his old club MK Dons in early November.

LuaLua has been missing since September and Hughton said the hectic Christmas and New Year programme will come too soon for him.

Inigo Calderon, deputising at left-back for Gaetan Bong (thigh) and Liam Rosenior (knee), trained today without trouble from the foot injury which made him doubtful for Derby and where the battered Spaniard needed several stitches in a lip wound.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Baldock available for Saturday? A good option off the bench and he he can play out wide if needed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No mention of beards, so it's hardly news, is it?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Is that supposed to be good news Crofts being available? At least he is an improvement on Ince for the bench.

What a pathetic comment. Firstly, when you have a long injury list, pretty much any player returning from injury is good news. Secondly, Crofts is a good option, our best backup if one of Stephens or Kayal got injured and gives us the option of 4-3-3 if we lose another winger or want to change formation. It's quite sad you have so many posts on here and most of it is rubbish.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Glad Crofts is back. I know BG is getting hammered here but I believe Crofts is the better option of the two to come off the bench to sheer things up. He can play a counter attacking move better than Ince imo.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Great to have Crofts back good player to solidify the team when needed , also has the odd goal in him. Why slag Ince off okay made a terrible mistake but the bench crew have some part in it to get a sib up to speed of the game

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On his form so far this season, which granted has been limited, I cannot see any reason to wish for him to be in the side even as a sub. He would be cover for Kayal and Stephens but hopefully they will both see the 3 games out till January ok. I think that JFC or Holla would offer more but he is a vast improvement on Ince but as said hope it doesnt come to needing him. Then with Richie Towell and possibly LB back we can let him go out on loan to get some games to see if he has fully recovered then look again.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
On his form so far this season, which granted has been limited, I cannot see any reason to wish for him to be in the side even as a sub. He would be cover for Kayal and Stephens but hopefully they will both see the 3 games out till January ok. I think that JFC or Holla would offer more but he is a vast improvement on Ince but as said hope it doesnt come to needing him. Then with Richie Towell and possibly LB back we can let him go out on loan to get some games to see if he has fully recovered then look again.

Showing your ignorance. Didn't have a great game in his first full game back against Preston but he and Ince had hardly played together before. In the other game he started in a three with Kayal and Stephens, he played well and he's done well off the bench too. No idea why you feel the need to slag him off. As for Ince, he made a mistake on Saturday but has done okay off the bench in a number of other games helping secure us points. It is sad that some posters on here feel the need to slag off our players when we're doing so well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here