Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber (again)

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
I've just had a disagreement with the club concerning a refund for a ticket recently bought, the outcome of which I am not happy with, but that is an aside. I took my complaint to Paul Barber and whilst I don't entirely agree with his reply I was impressed with his response. I e-mailed him at 14.33 and received a reply at 15.41. He stated he was in the middle of the monthly board meeting yet found time to make enquiries about my complaint. I know this as a fact as he mentioned what had been said between myself and the ticket office, and respond within an hour and a quarter. I've often read complaints about Paul Barber on NSC but after my first dealing with him have found him efficient, polite and responsive, for which I say thank you.

I've just had a disagreement with the club concerning a refund for a ticket recently bought, the outcome of which I am not happy with, but that is an aside. I took my complaint to Paul Barber and whilst I don't entirely agree with his reply I was impressed with his response. I e-mailed him at 14.33 and received a reply at 15.41. He stated he was in the middle of the monthly board meeting yet found time to make enquiries about my complaint. I know this as a fact as he mentioned what had been said between myself and the ticket office, and respond within an hour and a quarter. I've often read complaints about Paul Barber on NSC but after my first dealing with him have found him efficient, polite and responsive, for which I say thank you.

:facepalm:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To be honest I'd rather he paid attention in board meetings rather than responding to spurious bedwetter emails.

Not to imply that your complaint was bedwetting obvs.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I heard players are refusing to sign autographs as Barber is deciding whether to charge us customers for the privilege. All money goes to transfer and wage budget so stop your moaning. "You love it!" was his words. I think if we get promoted we get all our money back though.

Barber out!

Cool story Paul.

larus

I don't understand the sarcastic replies on here. The OP has stated he's unhappy with the response from the club, yet praises the fact that Paul Barber has the courtesy to reply promptly.

Some people just seem to want to appear to be smart arses. Personally, I think it reflects well on both PB and the club. Maybe some other posters need to stop being d*cks.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't understand the sarcastic replies on here. The OP has stated he's unhappy with the response from the club, yet praises the fact that Paul Barber has the courtesy to reply promptly.

Some people just seem to want to appear to be smart arses. Personally, I think it reflects well on both PB and the club. Maybe some other posters need to stop being d*cks.
This.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would love to be a fly on the wall at that board meeting they must be discussing January transfers and how they will try to get us over the line and promotion, maybe even further (I am not going to mention it)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Does anyone else think PB sits in monthly, really boring, board meeting, bored to tears.
The only way he can make through without being sacked is:-

Create a NSC account
Tell everyone how wonderful he is.
Then chuckle at the sarcastic replies.

My guess is that Timmy also has to attend a lot of meetings/therapy sessions/group counselling.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Some will claim to be fishing (a few actually will be), some might believe that there's an agenda of sorts here (god knows what) and then there'll be others that feel the need to maintain their NSC persona.

Regardless, seems like a fairly impressive attitude to customer service being displayed. I can't think of any places where e-mailing a higher up gets that quick a response.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Paul Barber, IMO by a distance the best acquisition Mr Tony has ever made. Top man, don't precisely agree with every thing he does, but proud and pleased he's our man.
I don't give a poo that some on here love to knock him (and I imagine he cares even less). Those that can't see the big picture and what an important part he has played in our success ....their loss. :shrug:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don't think the nice, supporter friendly, Paul Beirne will be so happy with him as I heard through the grapevine he got the sack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here