Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cack ex-pro pundits STEALING for living

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who are the worst.

I think Don Goodman showed he was one of them, for sure, and Lawro is surely king of the lazy prediction.

But honestly, I don't think either come close to Alan Shearer. Great player in his day but Christ, what a nob as a pundit. The latest nonsense to catch my eye was his piece on Aston Villa:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35088746

The idea that it is too late for Villa is probably quite popular as they are shìt. They have Rudy Gestede leading the line, your archetypal bang average Championship striker who happens to have had one good season last time round.

However, what gets me is this:

My old Blackburn team-mate Tim Sherwood was sacked at the end of October but was in charge at the time those players were brought in.
I know Tim well, and I know he knows what the Premier League is all about - all 13 of those players were not his buys.

You what, Alan? You want us to believe that Tim Sherwood had absolutely no say on those signings at all? So why didn't he resign or at least tell someone then? Absolute lazy gubbins just because one of his mates has been binned off for being bang average.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ian Wright. Appalling, every time. Too arrogant and too stupid even to take notice of England's opposition. Awful.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Lawro was one of my favorite players (world class) but now speaks (especialy about the Albion) as though he is half asleep.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Paul Scholes get's on my nerves. As a player he didn't like doing the media work being the humble person he is.

Now he's out of the spotlight, he's got himself a job talking with his one tone voice, giving the expert opinions on other players performances.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Like the polar bear in the World's Hardest Creature competition, Mark "Thick as Shit" Bright needs to be excluded from this thread otherwise it would be a walkover.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Mark Bright.
Andy Townsend
Lawrenson has just become a parody of himself - he almost seems to be grieving ever since his pal Hansen retired

I can't decide if i like Garth Crooks or not.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Lawrenson is a tool. When he's the colour commentating he seems more concerned with making 'witty' cynical observations, or putting down the actual professional next to him, rather than just talking about the game.

Garth Crooks seems to have a tight a grip on the modern game as he does his sanity, Jermaine Jenas had a thoroughly forgettable career so has no real weight behind him and Robbie Savage is a complete nob.

Finally, the lesser seen Jimmy Bullard. Why is he ever allowed near a tv studio? Some gurning manchild incapable of sitting still for two seconds who seemingly lacks the ability to even dress himself properly, let alone provide some insight towards a match.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Who are the worst.

I think Don Goodman showed he was one of them, for sure, and Lawro is surely king of the lazy prediction.

But honestly, I don't think either come close to Alan Shearer. Great player in his day but Christ, what a nob as a pundit. The latest nonsense to catch my eye was his piece on Aston Villa:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35088746

The idea that it is too late for Villa is probably quite popular as they are shìt. They have Rudy Gestede leading the line, your archetypal bang average Championship striker who happens to have had one good season last time round.

However, what gets me is this:

You what, Alan? You want us to believe that Tim Sherwood had absolutely no say on those signings at all? So why didn't he resign or at least tell someone then? Absolute lazy gubbins just because one of his mates has been binned off for being bang average.

The late, (in terms of soccer punditry), Alan Hansen, was the one who really got my goat.

One of my all time fave centre backs with Liverpool and Scotland, but as a pundit absolutely clueless, and always the first to give an opinion on something he knew nothing about whatsoever..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The late, (in terms of soccer punditry), Alan Hansen, was the one who really got my goat.

One of my all time fave centre backs with Liverpool and Scotland, but as a pundit absolutely clueless, and always the first to give an opinion on something he knew nothing about whatsoever..

I remember him telling Ruud Gullit that the rivalry between England and Scotland was like the one between Germany and Holland multiplied by a hundred. :lolol:

What a tosspot.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Jamie Redknapp. Danny Murphy. Mark Bright. Don Goodman. Lawrenson. Jermaine Jenas. Robbie Savage. The list goes on.

It's a tragic state of affairs when Gary Neville is more or less universally considered the only pundit worth listening to.

For me, the journos on Sunday Supplement offer 10x more than any ex-player they rope in after retirement. They may not have played in the premier league but at least they can form a coherent sentence.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What gets me about many of the names mentioned, is that they are well paid (especially compared to mere mortals like many on here), but seemingly don't watch much football, don't do any research and therefore speak without any factual basis on 99% of the football they discuss. What happens is the 'consensus opinion' becomes fact. A but like how people view us this season. No injuries, great at winning from a losing position, always play at home.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
The main thing that irritates me about most of the ex pro pundits is that they seem to have almost no knowledge of the laws of the game. When it comes to penalty/free kick decisions etc. they constantly trot out the same old cliches like "He won the ball", "There was clear contact". I would much rather listen to an ex referee as a pundit than an ex player, would give a different take on things

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The main thing that irritates me about most of the ex pro pundits is that they seem to have almost no knowledge of the laws of the game. When it comes to penalty/free kick decisions etc. they constantly trot out the same old cliches like "He won the ball", "There was clear contact". I would much rather listen to an ex referee as a pundit than an ex player, would give a different take on things

Intent, ball to hand etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here