Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ollie's predictions [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
football-pundit-ian-holloway_3354494.jpg
football-pundit-ian-holloway_3354494.jpg

Sky Sports' Ian Holloway predicts the outcome of the big games in the Football League in midweek as he continues his 10 in 10 adventure - Sky Sports' marathon of 10 Football League games in 10 days....
AZ2ZgMjz0LFGHCPn4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
AZ2ZgMjz0LFGHCPn4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Ian Holloway gives us a tour around the bus he will be living in for 10 days

From his very own battle bus, Ollie has run the rule over 10 in 10 fixtures at Blackburn, QPR, Hull and Wolves - as well as picking a selection of tasty encounters from a bumper Championship schedule on Tuesday...
Blackburn v Nottingham Forest, Monday 7.30pm, Sky Sports 2 (10 in 10)
I thought Forest looked a good side on Thursday night against Wolves. They're only going to get better throughout the season, especially when a couple of their big players come back. The way the forward players interchange is very impressive and I fancy them to create plenty of chances here.
262.png
522.png

[h=3]Blackburn vs N Forest[/h]
December 14, 2015, 7:30pm
Live on
ss2.gif

However, Paul Lambert has lit up Ewood Park since he arrived. I think the club should be very grateful for the job that Gary Bowyer did but Lambert's freshness has really made a big impact. I'm firmly on the fence for this one.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet odds 5/1)
QPR v Brighton, Tuesday, 7.30pm, Sky Sports 1 (10 in 10)
This is THE game I'm looking forward to on our 10 in 10 adventure and I think the home crowd will rock the house down at Loftus Road to the extent that Brighton's magnificent unbeaten run will come to an end. That will be a huge incentive for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, the players and the fans.
They played well for long periods against Burnley and that'll give something for Jimmy to build on.
411.png
212.png

[h=3]QPR vs Brighton[/h]
December 15, 2015, 7:30pm
Live on
ss1.gif

I have first-hand experience of when that place comes alive. When we beat Oldham under the floodlights in the play-off semi-final all those years ago. Wow. It was frightening atmosphere and a night I'll never forget. I love going back to see the Super Hoops. If anyone deserves a goal in a big game it's Alejandro Faurlin. What he's been through to get back to somewhere near his best is amazing to see. He'll win it for the R's with a free-kick or a penalty if Charlie Austin isn't playing.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 8/1)*
Derby v Bristol City, Tuesday, 7.45pm
Prepare yourselves: I'm going to shock a few people here. I think this could be an away win.
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Highlights from the clash at the iPro Stadium between Derby and Brighton

Steve Cotterill's men have showed real ability on the road this season, beating Middlesbrough earlier on in the campaign and Huddersfield at the weekend. They won't fear Derby despite the fact Paul Clement's men have only lost one game at home this season. Those top two are starting to pull a little clear of Derby after two draws in a row and the crowd will be expecting them to turn it on for this one. That could work in City's favour.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1 (Sky Bet odds 9/1)
Middlesbrough v Burnley, Tuesday, 7.45pm
Good grief, what a game. I think they'll cancel each other out as they'll not want to lose it more than wanting to win it. Burnley are now five games without a win and are seven points off Boro. A defeat here for Sean Dyche's men would be psychologically quite damaging for the club in terms of their automatic promotion chances.
promo273937386
promo273937386

As Middlesbrough get ready to play during Sky Sports’ 10 in 10 watch their best five goals of the season so far

They do have the ability to grind out results though and that's what I think they'll do here. A point at the Riverside is always a brilliant result.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet odds 6/1)
Fulham v Ipswich, Tuesday, 7.45pm
I really think Ipswich are the real deal and I'll be backing them to make it four away wins in a row.

Highlights from Stadium MK as Brett Pitman's goal helped Ipswich to beat hosts MK Dons 1-0

The showing at MK Dons was a complete performance from Mick McCarthy's men, from back to front. Looking at Ipswich now, they can challenge the top five teams in this division. All aspects of their game are working well and everyone knows their jobs. They also have some big players coming back, including Ryan Fraser and David McGoldrick, who is as good as anyone in this division. Although Fulham have some brilliant attacking players, I never know which Fulham side is going to turn up.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-2 (Sky Bet odds 9/1)*
Charlton v Bolton, Tuesday, 7.45pm
It's going to be a high pressure game involving two sides at the wrong end of the table. I'm glad I'll be the other side of London and not there. It will be tension-filled.
10in10-teninten_3385694.jpg

[h=3]Football League 10 in 10[/h] Sky Sports brings you 10 Football League matches in 10 days

Bolton haven't won since early September but they've been knocking at the door of late. They've only lost their last three games by the odd goal. Neil Lennon could make the difference in this game.
Charlton are just too defensively naive. They defend like MK Dons defended against Ipswich - allowing attacking players to get in behind far too easily. Bolton will just have enough.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1 (Sky Bet odds 17/2)
Preston v Birmingham, Tuesday, 7.45pm
If it isn't broke, don't fix it! That's what I'm doing with this prediction. I nailed Preston to win 1-0 at the weekend with Joe Garner getting the goal and it's going to happen again. Birmingham have just stopped scoring and look a little short of confidence. You can't say that about Preston though, who have won their last two and clambered away from the drop zone.*

Highlights from Deepdale as Joe Garner's penalty helped Preston to a 1-0 win over managerless Reading

OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 17/2)
Hull v Reading, 7.30pm, Wednesday, Sky Sports 1 (10 in 10)
If Reading have appointed a manager by Wednesday night, I would be tempted to go for the draw, but without a permanent boss in the Royals dugout it's got to be a home win. Players need to have a leader, without one there is no stability in that dressing room.
When they're flowing, Hull are a fantastic team. They've been through a bit of a blip but by beating Bolton on Saturday they now have the winning feeling back. Steve Bruce will be challenging his players to make a push for that top two. This is a winnable game and they'll cause all sorts of problems down the flanks, especially with Andrew Robertson.

Highlights from the Championship as Hull took all three points beating Bolton 1-0 at the KC Stadium

He was reportedly being linked with Arsenal and Chelsea last season - he's got everything you need from a full-back. He can beat his man and everything he does is positive - I'm backing him to be the match-winner.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 5/1)
Wolves v Leeds, Thursday 7.30pm, Sky Sports 1 (10 in 10)
It's been five games without a win at home for Wolves, but they'll break that duck here. I saw enough of them on our first 10 in 10 game to make a conclusion that they'll have too much for Leeds.
I think Kenny Jackett has a good team there but he could just to with a bit of help from above. He needs a chance to add to the vibrant squad he's building.
promo274140152
promo274140152

Highlights of Wolves' 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest in the Sky Bet Championship

Jordan Graham mesmerised me on Thursday night in the 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest with some of his wing-play - he's a star in the making. I've got a feeling Benik Afobe will be back in the starting line-up too on Thursday - that will only make them stronger. Plus, the crowd were magnificent the other night. They are sticking with their team and good on them.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1 (Sky Bet odds 10/1)*
Sky Sports is showing 10 Football League games in 10 days. Visit [url]www.skysports.com/10in10 for Ollie's diary, features, previews and interviews.[/URL]
10 in 10 is part of the Football League's Come Home for Football campaign, with 180 Football League fixtures served up over the festive period. Visit*www.comehomeforfootball.com*for more.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here