Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
according to the newsnow site
they looked at him playing Saturday against Derby :eek:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It'll go down really well here if Gus is appointed and he poaches Hemed [emoji38]

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Nonsensical move - Swansea's a sh*thole, Swansea are going down, we are looking the business. It's going to be a long few months ahead, with club after club being 'linked' with our players.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nonsensical move - Swansea's a sh*thole, Swansea are going down, we are looking the business. It's going to be a long few months ahead, with club after club being 'linked' with our players.

I don't buy this ***** is a sh*thole argument, as players have the wherewithal to live in some beautiful areas close to their chosen club. For example, only a few miles from Swansea is the Gower, which is either a classy left handed English cricketer OR a area of outstanding natural beauty.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
These sorts of stories are going to be inevitable the longer we stay at the top of the table. Other teams may be telling themselves we've been lucky / not played anyone decent / are heading for a fall but you don't go nearly half a season undefeated without having a good manager and decent squad.

At some point another team will be linked with Hughton. March's injury is probably all that stopped us getting at least one bid in for him and I'd expect stories and maybe even real bids on Hemed, Kayal, Stephens, Dunk and maybe Stockdale.

However - all the time we are in or near the top two I can't see Hughton going. I'm sure he'll want to get us up and be rewarded with a proper crack at the Premier League. And all the time Hughton is here I trust our recruitment team to come up with the goods.

The fact we turned down around about 6 million for Dunk in the last window also tells me that Tony has got his eye on next year's TV money rather than any short term transfer fee profit.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I don't buy this ***** is a sh*thole argument, as players have the wherewithal to live in some beautiful areas close to their chosen club. For example, only a few miles from Swansea is the Gower, which is either a classy left handed English cricketer OR a area of outstanding natural beauty.

Unfortunately, no how lovely the Gower landscape the slate grey skies and appalling weather remain. (see also Manchester United players living the life of luxury in Cheshire)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Unfortunately, no how lovely the Gower landscape the slate grey skies and appalling weather remain. (see also Manchester United players living the life of luxury in Cheshire)

so, are you saying the weather in South Wales is vastly different to the weather in Sussex?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's only been here five minutes. £20 mill or they can do one.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
so, are you saying the weather in South Wales is vastly different to the weather in Sussex?

its not believe me
Carmarthenshire also has very clean air

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The Gower is stunningly beautiful - one of my favourite parts of Britain. If it weren't such a long way from the Albion, I'd love to live there. I like Swansea as a city too - "an ugly, lovely town" as Dylan Thomas described it. There are lot worse places to live.

If we're resting our hopes on the fact that players won't want to live far from Brighton, I fear we'll be disappointed

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I'd be extremely surprised if Hemed goes in the window. I can't see any of our players leaving except for very silly money. After all the club can legitimately say to those linked with other clubs " we're top with a very good chance of playing in the Premier league next season. If we don't go up you can leave in the summer if the deal is right for us."

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not for sale - Just show the players details on Buckley and Bridcutt's move to the big time and how it can turn out. Stay put and you will get an opportunity with the Albion in the PL (if we go up)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here