Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora poised for a return to face old club [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
BOBBY ZAMORA could return to Albion’s starting line-up at his old club Queens Park Rangers tomorrow night after becoming a dad again.
Boss Chris Hughton started with Tomer Hemed and opening goalscorer James Wilson as a pair for the first time in the 2-2 draw at Derby, with Zamora coming off the bench late on.
Hughton may rotate the strike force again to cope with a tough run of fixtures, which continues with Middlesbrough’s visit on Saturday.

He revealed to The Argus: “It was my intention to play Tomer but I still had a decision on who to play up top. James trained well, Bobby’s wife gave birth, so it was a good week for him. As the week went on I decided to play James.”
Albion’s ninth draw of the season kept them two points clear at the top and set a new record unbeaten start of 20 games in the Championship era since 2004-05, eclipsing the 19 game-run of QPR in 2010-11.
Hughton said: “It’s a good start for the busy week ahead. We’ll certainly have to show a lot again to get results on Tuesday and on Saturday. At this moment we deserve to be where we are.”
QPR drew 0-0 with Burnley at Loftus Road on Saturday in Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s first match in charge.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here