Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bradley Johnson

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I saw that on twitter yesterday. Deluded?

Have seen a quote from Paul Clement also saying how disappointed they all were not to beat us, it would appear to be endemic at Derby.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't really know which is the right Derby hating thread to post on now but this one is as good as any I guess. I had a look round their forums and twitter accounts last week as part of something I wrote with one of their bloggers and they seemed to be a fairly grounded and humorous lot. I'm not sure what went on on Saturday to change that but I can only think it was not rolling over and letting the mighty Derby end our run.

I'm sure the majority of their fans are alright as it is with any club. but a significant minority of people associated with that football club have let their reputation down badly. Racism is never ok. Homophobia is never ok. Booing a player who is being stretchered off is never ok. And whining to the papers that you should have won a game you were losing until two minutes from the end makes you look like a prize prick.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lucky to have been on the pitch considering that very late dangerous high foul he made...

Also noticed him and Mattin constantly moaning - Chelsea-esq surrounding the referee too!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They really seem to have some sort of mass psychosis that it was simply impossible for little old Brighton to not get beaten by their 20 million pound team.

Odd.

They seem to be cracking under the pressure already. Perhaps they will now implode ? ???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I could have told you two weeks ago that we'd hear this from Derby if we came away with a draw. Burnley were exactly the same. And to be fair, if we end up drawing with Middlesbrough, there will be people on here and elements of our management and playing staff who will say the same thing about Boro, even if Boro do a near perfect away job on us as we did to Derby.

At the end of the day, we didn't park the bus, we attacked dangerously. We have goals in us all over the place, and we hardly ever fall behind, even away from home. Sure Derby are disappointed they didn't win, but we're disappointed we didn't hang on to a winning position (twice), thanks to a questionable refereeing decision. And perhaps Johnson should realise that in order to win a game of football, you DO have to get into a winning position in the first place.

Crewton Ram

Jan 10, 2013
I'm disappointed there's been so much bellyaching from both sides after what was an intriguing contest between two capable teams with an interesting contrast in styles. Derby are frustrated because overall they had more of the game, the better chances and were guilty of sloppy defending for both goals, whilst Brighton are aggrieved because they've lost a winning position to a late penalty they think was harshly awarded. In those circumstances, after-match comments inevitably show the respective frustrations. Chris Hughton's, for example, suggest he doesn't understand the laws of the game (I'm sure he does). I doubt that many Derby fans would agree with Johnson's take on the game either.

I hope, if proven, the bloke who racially abused Godson gets prosecuted. I haven't heard stuff like that at Derby for years, but that doesn't mean I assume it never happens. Similarly, the homophobic chanting: I didn't hear it, but it needs to be dealt with if it happened.

The booing when March was stretchered off I thought was uncalled for, but there was allot of frustration around with how the referee was handling the game. Calderón had gone down dramatically a couple of times before he got the split lip (or whatever it was). You can't set out to frustrate your opponents and wind-up the crowd and then complain when you succeed!

Most of the comments I heard in the pub afterwards were complimentary about how Brighton played, the pace and effectiveness on the counter, and some criticism of how Derby seemed to drop deeper and pressed less after HT. Most thought a draw was fair on the balance of the game as did I. No-one thought Brighton's position was false.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm disappointed there's been so much bellyaching from both sides after what was an intriguing contest between two capable teams with an interesting contrast in styles. Derby are frustrated because overall they had more of the game, the better chances and were guilty of sloppy defending for both goals, whilst Brighton are aggrieved because they've lost a winning position to a late penalty they think was harshly awarded. In those circumstances, after-match comments inevitably show the respective frustrations. Chris Hughton's, for example, suggest he doesn't understand the laws of the game (I'm sure he does). I doubt that many Derby fans would agree with Johnson's take on the game either.

I hope, if proven, the bloke who racially abused Godson gets prosecuted. I haven't heard stuff like that at Derby for years, but that doesn't mean I assume it never happens. Similarly, the homophobic chanting: I didn't hear it, but it needs to be dealt with if it happened.

The booing when March was stretchered off I thought was uncalled for, but there was allot of frustration around with how the referee was handling the game. Calderón had gone down dramatically a couple of times before he got the split lip (or whatever it was). You can't set out to frustrate your opponents and wind-up the crowd and then complain when you succeed!

Most of the comments I heard in the pub afterwards were complimentary about how Brighton played, the pace and effectiveness on the counter, and some criticism of how Derby seemed to drop deeper and pressed less after HT. Most thought a draw was fair on the balance of the game as did I. No-one thought Brighton's position was false.

This is a pretty fair summary. The only thing I would add, in response to the supposed falling over/ time wasting by Brighton is that, hand-on-heart, the Championship players who I have witnessed do the most falling around, writhing, squealing and complaining are Foristieri (Sheff Wed, ex-Watford) and Chris Martin. The latter didn't fail to live up to this on Saturday.

PG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Good to hear this perspective.

Most weeks we hear from opposition sages before the match that we are in a false position.

Most weeks we hear after the game that we are a good side.

It'll all blow over now ( except for the one racist idiot ) as both sides have another match to think about tomorrow.

Derby were very good, possibly the biggest test we have had to date. Personally I think we are looking at the top 2 sides come season end, with Burnley, Middlesbrough, and Hull ( just ) missing out on automatic promotion.

Looking forward to all the Middlesbrough fans telling us of our 'false position' in the next day or so...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This is a pretty fair summary. The only thing I would add, in response to the supposed falling over/ time wasting by Brighton is that, hand-on-heart, the Championship players who I have witnessed do the most falling around, writhing, squealing and complaining are Foristieri (Sheff Wed, ex-Watford) and Chris Martin. The latter didn't fail to live up to this on Saturday.

PG

agree with your reply and with the rams post .....i thought Derby were hard , verging on borderline dirty but not quite , for instance , christie could have easily been booked for his tackle on murphy before he crossed for the goal....a lot of "balls and all " tackling throughout the game from both sides which made the greer penalty hard to take...( i personally think russell milked the penalty perfectly) ........i think the draw was the right result for the game the way it was played.....but martin ....**** me dead what an annoying **** to play against.....hopefully we learned something from him because having a player like him in your team is usually the difference between winning and loosing , prick of a player...!!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I think that's a pretty fair summary of the game. I thought they were the better side 1st half with us coming more into it after the break. Booing March made them look ***** but there had been a fair few stoppages and a number of hefty challenges going in. It was a top of the table clash after all. I didn't think it was a penalty but a draw was a fair reflection of the game...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
so, Calde going down after being elbowed in the face by Tom Ince is worth a boo as well?

did his 'play acting' include going off the pitch for 5 minutes to get his lip fixed. If so, he's taking to far too far, IMHO.

Also, it almost certainly is my fluorescent green tinted view, but I don't think Derby were better than us at all - in fact, were it not for a last ditch challenge right at the death, Bobby would have won it for us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Good to see I didn't imagine the fair and reasonable majority :thumbsup:

If you think we go down easily or waste time you're in for a shock when you play Charlton :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Johnson could have been off for the challenge in the first half, that earned him a yellow, over top the ball, mistimed rather deliberate but players have gone for less.

Mason had a poor game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here