Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] PERRY REFUSING TO UNDERESTIMATE PLYMOUTH

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The defender says the squad can take confidence from the 4-0 win over the Pilgrims in September, but is expecting a completely different test today."You always look at how you did against a team in the last game and knowing that you scored four goals against them is a bonus, because it shows that we’re able to break them down to win.
“But every game is different, so they might be stronger or weaker going into this game and you’ve just got to focus on the here and now.”
Perry is pleased with the progress she has made at the club this season and was proud to play in all three of Ireland’s Euro 2017 qualifiers to date against Finland, Portugal and Spain.
“I’m happy with how I’m getting on at the moment with Brighton and Ireland. I feel like I’ve contributed a lot going forward and I’ve got a few goals this season too.
“If I’m not scoring, then hopefully I’m setting people up and helping the team win games.
“With Ireland we’ve had three European qualifiers and I played 90 minutes in every game. I feel that my form has been okay at the moment.”
Like the rest of the Albion squad, Perry’s ultimate aim is to secure the Premier League Southern Division title and earn a chance to play in the Women’s Premier League play-off match.
“I would love to win the league. Last year we were really unlucky, just losing out to Portsmouth.
“This year we have worked so hard to get where we are today and to win the league is something which we all deserve.
“But there is still a long way to go before the end of the season and we have to remain focussed on each game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here