Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rajiv says he wants to play a big part at Albion as injuries pile up [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
RAJIV VAN LA PARRA is ready to play a pivotal part in Albion’s promotion challenge to ease the pain of the Championship leaders’ mounting injury crisis.
The substitute winger on loan from Wolves fired the Seagulls back in front in the 2-2 draw at Derby County after Solly March was stretchered off with a right knee injury.
Van La Parra has four games left of his loan and with March feared to be joining Liam Rosenior, Gaetan Bong, Kazenga LuaLua and Sam Baldock on the long-term casualty list, the Dutchman is keen to press his claims for a longer stay.

Van La Parra said: “It’s very sad that Solly is injured but for me it’s a good opportunity to improve myself in the team, do my best and show the gaffer I can be a big part of the team for this season.”
Van La Parra’s goal followed an assist for Tomer Hemed on his debut as a substitute in the previous game against Charlton.
“That’s not too bad,” he told The Argus. “I had a tough time at Wolves and it’s good for me now to play well and score goals and get assists and get my confidence back on the pitch.
“At Wolves I lost my confidence as well, because I was not playing and not part of the team. Now I’m here I’ll try to do the best for the team and myself as well.
“For me it’s important to play games and to get better. I think I’ll get my game time here, that’s the most important thing now. It’s important to show the gaffer I can be a big part of the team.”
Chris Hughton has faith in van La Parra deputising for March, who according to the manager “won’t be available soon”.
Hughton said: “He’s played a lot of games in this division. He’s not a newcomer.”
Hughton branded Derby’s point-saving late penalty, awarded by Premier League referee Lee Mason for a foul by Gordon Greer on substitute Johnny Russell and converted by Chris Martin, as “very harsh”.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here