Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion's dream debuts

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shamelessly stolen from ITV4 now, what are the Albion's best debutante performances?

I thought Abdul Razak would take the AMEX era crown, but his debut was actually away to Hull the Wednesday before he single-handedly demolished Ipswich.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bryan Wade. 4 goals from the bench in about 25 minutes to win 4-1 against Newcastle. Obviously we didnt pick him again !

That wasn't his full debut, just his home debut.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That wasn't his full debut, just his home debut.

No, he made his home debut earlier in the season. They weren't even his first goals for the club as he'd scored the previous week.

A certain Peter Ward didn't do too badly, scoring within 50 seconds on his debut. And, I think, his partner in crime, Ian Mellor did too.

Best goal from a debutant was Alan Duffy's power shot against Bradford City, with his long hair we thought we'd signed another George Best. Sadly, he was another Best in drinking ability rather than footballing

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, he made his home debut earlier in the season. They weren't even his first goals for the club as he'd scored the previous week.
You best take that up with the commentator from the clip above.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Razak was immense I remember thinking we would go up if he played all season. Wade, we came out of the stadium saying even though he scored four he really wasn't all that. Regardless it was also an amazing debut,

Razak takes this easy for me,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here