Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van La Parra . . . Should we make a bid?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With our wingers seemingly dropping like flies at the moment, Solly March out for a while I would think, LuaLua missing for a few more weeks too, that really only leaves Jamie Murphy as a fully fit winger. Ok Elvis Manu can play there too, but Chris Hughton seems reluctant to start him in games.

Bearing this in mind, should we make a bid in January to bring Ranjiv Van La Parra to the Albion on a permanent deal?

Seen precious little of him so far of course, but loved his incisive run and finish for the goal yesterday, and seems to be able to cross a good ball too.

What do we think?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't something in the pipeline already. I'm only guessing so not itk, or anything.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Worth a look at the right price for additional depth to the squad

Unfortunately being top of the league, and wanting to take a player off a rival club is unlikely to mean the right price

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Unfortunately being top of the league, and wanting to take a player off a rival club is unlikely to mean the right price

Wolves though are up for sale. Cash and a player off the wage bill, means that they may be happy to cut a deal. I like VLP, he offers something totally different to Solly March and swapping these two is enough to keep any full back on his toes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He's impressed in the two games and our two loanees scored yesterday. Wolves will be loathed to let him go if he performs at a good level. He did play nearly a full season for them last year. They'll look for something hefty if he plays well for us, or want to keep him.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Hang on, perspective. We signed him because we needed a player but in a window you have more choice and capability to make signings, let's not get carried away just yet. I'm sure there are other targets we'd be happier with.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What's the story with RVP and Wolves, and why he couldn't get into their match day squad? Did he fall out with someone?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He looked over the moon with his goal yesterday, who did he go to celebrate with on the bench? He's a different type of winger so I think we should sign him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hang on, perspective. We signed him because we needed a player but in a window you have more choice and capability to make signings, let's not get carried away just yet. I'm sure there are other targets we'd be happier with.

You say we have more choice, it's always notoriously difficult to land the right sort of player in the January window, as teams are reluctant to sell quality players in the middle of the season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He's not Solly or Kaz, but he has certainly shown he can play a game. I like him, not getting carried away but he looks good. And dare I say this? CH is a genius for getting in another winger. I didn't see that we needed one. Ohhhh for a left back, although Calde is doing a fine job.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Just like to say that whilst we are talking about Kaz and Solly, Murphy has been doing a very good job as well. His cross with his unfavoured foot yesterday for Wilson's goal was spot on. In fact his crossing is getting better every game and he has weighed in with a couple of crucial goals.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's the story with RVP and Wolves, and why he couldn't get into their match day squad? Did he fall out with someone?

If you have Player, look out for his interview just after signing. He's really quite unhappy at Wolves.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Lets see how he gets on in the next few games. Were a few grumbles after he messed up a couple of attacking opportunities yesterday although took his goal well.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
He looked over the moon with his goal yesterday, who did he go to celebrate with on the bench? He's a different type of winger so I think we should sign him.

Manu, which is encouraging. Lest we forget our other Dutch winger....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The story according to my Wolves STH work colleague is he is shit and has a bad attitude, NB I got a text from this colleague after he had scored saying FFS he did nothing for us and made no effort.

Perhaps a spell in the beautiful South might be just the tonic for this player

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If they were all fit would our starters be Kaz and Solly? If so, our underlings have done a fantastic job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here