Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince's elbowing of Calde

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This seems to have gone unnoticed.

In the first half Calde must have been off the pitch for a good five minutes after Tom Ince, who seems to have inherited his old man's chip on the shoulder and sense of entitlement, decided to contribute to our left back crisis by elbowing the Basque lovegod in the chops when Stockdale made a clearance. Trainer was called on and Calde was led off the pitch, presumably to have stitches put into the wound. Mrs El P was greatly shocked at this and did offer to give Calderon some personal first aid in the changing room when she saw what had happened.

Ince was still pissed off when Calde returned, and tried to chop him down, making himself looking a fool as the ball was fed onto Murphy to cross for the first goal.

Could have/Should have been a red card?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I watched the replay five times and couldn't see an elbow or a hand hit Calde.
There must have been contact to draw blood but, for the life of me, I couldn't see where it occurred.

So...err...dunno.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It was on the blindside of the stream and Referee. Although the Linesman should have had a view.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And once again we were boo'd by Derby fans for this. And they carried on booing Calde when he came back on.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think Tom Ince is a moaning little sod who thinks he's better than he really is.....but having seen the replays it was accidental and not malicious. However whatshisface could have seen red for a studs up challenge but got away with a yellow.
Hey ho, good point, move on to QPR

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
**** me, do we have to analyse everything from every match.

Whole towns and cities are labelled racists and homophobes because of the few. And accidental elbows are deemed worthy of jail time. It's a contact sport for christ's sake.

No Albion players have ever elbowed anyone or put in a bad tackle and us fans are the epitome of loveliness. Why we even clap away fans and help old ladies across the road. Where is our award?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think Tom Ince is a moaning little sod who thinks he's better than he really is.....but having seen the replays it was accidental and not malicious. However whatshisface could have seen red for a studs up challenge but got away with a yellow.
Hey ho, good point, move on to QPR

Your second paragraph is the important one.

It was a good point yesterday, one that I'm sure most, if not all of us, would have taken before kick-off. The rights and wrongs of what occured during the match don't matter anymore, it's gone, it's past. Lets all move on, and look forward to Tuesday at Loftus Road.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It was nasty and surprisingly the Lino "failed" to see it

The same lino who didn't see Derby take the ball out of play. I know angles can be funny but I was sitting by the corner flag so I had a great view down the line.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here