Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The iPRO stadium

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
May be are totally spoilt by having The Amex but really, yesterday was like watching a game of football in a stadium with facilities from the dark ages. Camped into plastic seats in a dingy corner, the most unpleasant dull colour scheme I've ever seen in a football stadium ( no wonder the good people of Derby look so miserable), Toilet facilities one would expect to find in down town Baghdad, narrow stairways, terrible food and a cramped club shop. I dread to think how the iPRO would cope in an emergency!!!. I did have the pleasure in travelling up and back with Seagulls travel. Charming well behaved Sussex Folk. Well done to all who travelled back to the Dark ages to watch our heroic team extend it's unbeaten record

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
2 things I would take on board from them however.

I think the louder, home based music would be more useful than the middle of the road keep everyone happy half-volume sounds we send out across the PA and no mention of away fan nos.

TURN IT UP.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Different strokes for different folks. I quite like the iPro and enjoyed the flag waving and stuff. It makes for fun and adds to the atmosphere. Both sets of fans made good noise only spoiled by the crass stupidity of those who booed injuries and the unwillingness of the stewards to react to other unpalatable behaviour.

Bristol City gets my vote as the worst ground in the division

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
The iPRO is pretty good compared to the average Championship stadium. Just wait for QPR and Brentford who are coming up...

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Wait until Tuesday night if you think that was cramped with shite facilities.

Off to see The Darkness in Bexhill so recording the game for later. The iPRO is quite a new stadium unlike Loftus Road and Griffin Park.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Pretty good ground actually. Steep stands better than shallow stands. Plus their fans are much louder than most of sides we visit.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I like it too! A modern stadium, and only a few years older than the Amex. Well laid out, and with plenty of good facilities. Easy to get to/from the city centre, and ideal if you are travelling by car, with a large car park right next to the ground.

As planty of others have said, so many worse stadiums in the division than the iPro.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like it too! A modern stadium, and only a few years older than the Amex. Well laid out, and with plenty of good facilities. Easy to get to/from the city centre, and ideal if you are travelling by car, with a large car park right next to the ground.

As planty of others have said, so many worse stadiums in the division than the iPro.

I don't understand the comment about the toilet facilities. They were light, clean, airy, with running hot water,soap, and decent dryers. I've had to use far worse at other championship grounds.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It does always seem very dark at the iPro though. I don't know if this is due to the colour of the seats, or just that it's been a dull day there on the two occasions I've been.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I like it as well. Looks impressive from the outside. And although it's black and white seating I still like it.

As said above I also like the steep stands.

The only downside is that I normally travel on a supporters coach so go straight there and the nearest place to drink is the Franky & Bunny's, which didn't let us in the passing rain when we went for the playoff game but did for the league game that season and yesterday.

Fans are loud too. I like it as a day out, I'd like to see us win there one day!!!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Relatively modern stadium , good view, great atmosphere but traffic was horrendous from 1345 onwards. A bit dingy as others have said but it was very representative of Derby or the bit I travelled through anyway.

Liked having the away section next door to their main singing support although one side we had hundreds of empty seats segregation on the other hundreds of centimetres... tasty.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't understand the comment about the toilet facilities. They were light, clean, airy, with running hot water,soap, and decent dryers. I've had to use far worse at other championship grounds.

Yes your right, Derby County and their fans seem proud of the IPro, and I can well see why.

Talking of toilet facilities, I can remember a game at Sealand Road, Chester City's now demolished old stadium, back in the late 80's, where the toilet facilities were in the open air, at the top of the away terrace, up against the wall. Enough said.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Nearly 20 years old now. When does a stadium age pass as being modern?

Hasn't the Amex got a pretty short life span? 50 years isn't it?

Glad you asked, officially a stadium is deemed modern or relatively modern if it was built in the last 20 years (ish). Further categories include traditional, ramshackle, ancient, outdated, continental and of course a festering S*** hole (see CPFC).

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
May be are totally spoilt by having The Amex but really, yesterday was like watching a game of football in a stadium with facilities from the dark ages. Camped into plastic seats in a dingy corner, the most unpleasant dull colour scheme I've ever seen in a football stadium ( no wonder the good people of Derby look so miserable), Toilet facilities one would expect to find in down town Baghdad, narrow stairways, terrible food and a cramped club shop. I dread to think how the iPRO would cope in an emergency!!!. I did have the pleasure in travelling up and back with Seagulls travel. Charming well behaved Sussex Folk. Well done to all who travelled back to the Dark ages to watch our heroic team extend it's unbeaten record

Never been to Yeovil? That place is a proper ****hole. Town and ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here