Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings?

jimmygull

Mar 22, 2012
Be great to hear from those that went. From the dodgy stream I was watching, Bruno looked like he had a cracking game...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale - 7.5 - couple of good stops, good distribution as always, nothing he could have done about either goal
Bruno - 8 - very good game after a shaky moment or two early on
Greer - 7 - solid, but at fault (arguably twice) for their equalising goal
Dunk - 8 - one his stronger performances
Calderon - 8 - the legend lives on. Didn't allow Ince to do too much.
Kayal - 9 - just immense, again
Stephens - 8.5 - only just shaded by Kayal
March - 6 - hope it's nothing serious
Murphy - 7.5 - decent game, lovely ball in for Wilson's goal
Hemed - 6.5 - looked very, was also dropping too deep at times compressing the midfield
Wilson - 7.5 - great striker's finish, works hard too. Looks like he is enjoying being here

Van La Parra - 7.5 bit of the early season Solly about him, fast and skilful but decision making needs work. Good goal. Sign him up.
BZ - 6.5 - didn't have much of the ball, one opportunity (bit like his Leeds goal)
Ince - 3 - little time, but was awful. Sorry Rohan.

We're conceding too many......several more than the teams around us

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Some high marks for a defence that is now our main problem. Aside of Stockdale, who is having a good season so far, the cracks are there for all to see. Greer and Dunk are struggling as a partnership. The captain's total lack of speed is being exposed at this level and Dunk is being turned inside out by a lot of players. Every game now he is shirt tugging to stop players going past him. Bruno is great going forward but is regularly caught out of position and is awful at defending. We have no decent left back at the moment. They are too slow, too immobile and undoing the good work of our midfield and forward players. Its five games now without a clean sheet and only six recorded in 20 games.
What a cameo from Ince. It was embarrassing, to say the least. In the few minutes he was on, he looked slow, ponderous, misplaced passes, mis-directed headers, failed to tackle any member of the opposition and then decided to rob us of victory by playing an appalling back-pass to Stockdale that was woefully underhit. Although Dunk stopped Tom Ince from scoring with a wonderfulchallenge, the subsequent corner resulted in a goal.
( Two corners, two goals for Derby )

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Sorry....rant out the way....marks
Stockdale...7.5
Bruno.........7.0
Greer.........7.0
Dunk..........7.0
Calderon....7.0
Kayal..........8.0
Stephens....7.5
March.........6.5
Murphy.......7.0
VLP............7.5
Hemed........7.0
Zamora.......6.5
Wilson.........7.0
Ince............Unmarkable ( at a push...2 )
Hughton/Calderwood/Jones..9....The reason we are top of the table.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Some high marks for a defence that is now our main problem. Aside of Stockdale, who is having a good season so far, the cracks are there for all to see. Greer and Dunk are struggling as a partnership. The captain's total lack of speed is being exposed at this level and Dunk is being turned inside out by a lot of players. Every game now he is shirt tugging to stop players going past him. Bruno is great going forward but is regularly caught out of position and is awful at defending. We have no decent left back at the moment. They are too slow, too immobile and undoing the good work of our midfield and forward players. Its five games now without a clean sheet and only six recorded in 20 games.
What a cameo from Ince. It was embarrassing, to say the least. In the few minutes he was on, he looked slow, ponderous, misplaced passes, mis-directed headers, failed to tackle any member of the opposition and then decided to rob us of victory by playing an appalling back-pass to Stockdale that was woefully underhit. Although Dunk stopped Tom Ince from scoring with a wonderfulchallenge, the subsequent corner resulted in a goal.
( Two corners, two goals for Derby )

Very harsh. We looked very solid yesterday. They scored from a corner for the first goal and then an awful ball from Ince led to the second (which wasn't a penalty). We've still conceded less than a goal per game and kept Derby quite quiet overall. To say Bruno is awful at defending is ludicrous. He has his moments but is far from awful.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
From the stream it looked like a great team performance where players were dominant at times, less obvious at others. So 7 all round from me except:
Stockdale. Two excellent saves, no chance with the goals 8
Dunk. I'm not his biggest fan but he looked to be very good although his handball in the box looked more like a pen than the one Derby actually given (but that was a pen too) 8
Stephens. Sublime 9
Ince. Not sublime 3

Team 9
CH 9

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 7 Looks more solid every match and kicking impressive.
Bruno 8 Some sublime tackling at times
Greer 7 The penalty was unfortunate, otherwise very organised
Dunk 7 Some great headed clearances, but at times a bit sloppy. Came to the rescue in the Ince back pass incident.
Calde 6.5 I feared that Ince would roast him before the match, but stuck to the job well
Kayal 8 What a joy to watch. Marked down for being a muslim though.
Stephens 8.5 Superb, got stuck in to some ferocious tackles and sprayed the ball around with ease.
March 7: Looked very creative before the injury. I fear a long lay off.
Murphy 6: A bit quiet, good cross for first goal.
Wilson 7: Excellent finish, very direct and likes to take on defenders, decision making when in possession needs improving
Hemed 7: Held the ball up well

Subs

Van P 7: Old school winger
Bobby 7: Nearly made me jizz in my pants in the last minute when he brought the ball down and was about to shoot (as was I) but a great block stopped him
Ince 2: Frighteningly poor. Slow, ponderous, weak both in the air and on the ground, and short back pass led indirectly to their penalty

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
From the stream it looked like a great team performance where players were dominant at times, less obvious at others. So 7 all round from me except:
Stockdale. Two excellent saves, no chance with the goals 8
Dunk. I'm not his biggest fan but he looked to be very good although his handball in the box looked more like a pen than the one Derby actually given (but that was a pen too) 8
Stephens. Sublime 9
Ince. Not sublime 3

Team 9
CH 9

Agree about Dunk yesterday. Thought he was great. Probably only Kayal and Stephens were better. However, having seen it a few times, I don't understand how anyone can think that handball one was a penalty. I'm not even sure it hit his arm but, if it does, it pretty close to his body and not sticking out, which never gets given. Mason was looking to give them a penalty though and he got his way in the end. Poor decision (I guarantee if that had happened to us as the away team, he would not have given it).

We did cause ourselves problems though. For the first goal, the initial cross was going straight to Stockdale before Dunk put it out for a corner. Second goal was a ridiculous back pass from Ince which we never quite recovered from. On both occasions we looked quite comfortable with the lead so it's disappointing.

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Stockdale....Part of a back 5 which is unbeaten in one of THE hardest and competitive football leagues to play in, and top of the league 10/10

Bruno.....Part of a back 5 which is unbeaten in one of THE hardest and competitive leagues to play in, and top of the league 10/10.

Greer & Dunk & Uwe.....Part of a back 5 which is unbeaten in one of THE hardest and competitive leagues to play in, and top of the league 10/10

Calderon etc.....
Midfield etc.....
Forwards etc......
Management and back room staff etc.......

10/10 so far

Mistakes, missed timed tackles, poor headers, pulling shirts, giving away penalties & missed goal opportunities

How much pressure, nerves etc must they be feeling, we know how we feel watching!!

They are pro's and shouldn't be nervous etc REALLY!! I thought those emotions could show someone cared or were and are determined......Up the Albion [emoji2]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockale 7
Bruno 9
Calderon 7
Greer 7
Dunk 7
Kayal 8
Stephens 7.5
March 6