Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Penalty

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Nobody knows, a few supporters claim to have seen something heinous, apparently.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Nowhere near a penalty - two better shouts (1 each) beforehand imo after watching the highlights.

Feb 14, 2010
Some say yes, some say no. I say not a penalty but what everyone will agree with was that it was the most stupid challenge for someone who gets paid to play football. Last minute of the game and he goes diving in when inside the box to a bloke going absolutely nowhere. Bloody hope he gets told. What an idiot.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
oh come on, he slid through the guy after the ball was gone. the only reason it might not have been given was the fact it was in the area... by which i mean the ref may have been given pause to think about the actual effect on play and whether or not the situation warranted a penalty. literally anywhere else on the field and that is a free kick and no one questions the decision. in some situations, some refs may not have given it but to claim it was a terrible decision and that the ref cost us two points is a little ridiculous.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Some say yes, some say no. I say not a penalty but what everyone will agree with was that it was the most stupid challenge for someone who gets paid to play football. Last minute of the game and he goes diving in when inside the box to a bloke going absolutely nowhere. Bloody hope he gets told. What an idiot.

It wasn't a challenge - he was trying to block it.

Weak penalty.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Channel 5's latest pundit said it was a nailed on penalty. Bloody former Albion players showing no loyalty! Get him off!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I take it you've never got caught up in the passion an intensity of a football game ....Greer will know he doesn't need to be told...soft penalty imho

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I had to watch the replay of the incident 7 times before realising where the infringement might have been. The issue I have is consistency, tackles like that are made every single week where the player over runs it etc or goes out of the play and nothing happens. No Derby players or fans appeal...but the ref gives it. To me, there is absolutely no consistency with refs and the decisions they make. On another day, Lee Mason would have just played on no penalty and no one would have moaned.

It's strange how some days they just randomly go 'this week, I'm gonna give that decision for this particular occasion, but another week I won't'...

Jul 7, 2003
It was a penalty but I think Greer was a little unfortunate. He slid in to block the cross - if he hadn't tried and they had scored, everyone would have been on his back - but unfortunately Russell didn't jump high enough and, as he slid along the turf, he clipped Russell on his way back down.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looked like a pen on the highlights - certainly can see why the ref would have given it in real time anyway. Really no need for Greer to have gone in like that in that position.

Feb 14, 2010
I take it you've never got caught up in the passion an intensity of a football game ....Greer will know he doesn't need to be told...soft penalty imho

No mate it was brainless. All he does all week is play football. You domnt make such idiotic mistakes at work. He needs a bloody rocket up his rear end.

Feb 14, 2010
Erm soz mate we all make mistakes at work...I'd be more inclined to have a quiet word in Ince's ear re his 'back pass'

Yes I can just see Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson saying, "never mind lad, I pay you £x a week but we all make mistakes". Lets grow a pair eh and stop treating our team like children. He fcked up and cost us 2 points. Idiotic challenge and I bloody hope the manager told him to get the train home and think about it. That was one of the worst bits of decision making on a football field that you can do. The Derby player was going absolutely nowhere and he dives in, legs everywhere and gives away a stupid soft penalty. Idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here