Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Political corectness

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/09/the-coddling-of-the-american-mind/399356/

Interesting but long article well worth the read,how being offended is being raised to an art form resulting in suppression of free speech, open debates and academic research. With new jargon like "Micro-aggresions"

" During the 2014–15 school year, for instance, the deans and department chairs at the 10 University of California system schools were presented by administrators at faculty leader-training sessions with examples of microaggressions. The list of offensive statements included: “America is the land of opportunity” and “I believe the most qualified person should get the job.”

OK its in the USA but this kind of crap rolls up in the UK 5 to 10 years later. Time for the Government to make Universities enforce their rules on free speech and free expression?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
You're part of a generation that seems to have confused political correctness with basic health and safety regulations.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
You do realise this is a football forum don't you ? For years all you've done is post Neo Con troll bullshit.

Do you even like football ?

I think it would be politically correct not to insult the OP. Or you could end up in California, the land of fruits and nuts. As a former resident of the golden state I know from which I'm typing.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
latest

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Has been happening for a long time. As much as I think Tyson Fury is a complete and utter imbecile, I also believe that expressing his views should not preclude his removal from an awards ceremony. Unfortunately many of the 'offended' think differently, and this kind of suppression is spreading throughout society.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You do realise this is a football forum don't you ? For years all you've done is post Neo Con troll bullshit.

Do you even like football ?

Now if your not trolling here then the only way you would see "neo-conbullshit" is if you were in political threads whining like you have here.

Irony?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
That article seems misconceived and the original article has also been amended. It is not the article I linked unless you consider shooting the messenger as legitimate debate.

No I don't Donald. I am not prepared to enter into a debate about the topic. Enjoy your day.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/09/the-coddling-of-the-american-mind/399356/

Interesting but long article well worth the read,how being offended is being raised to an art form resulting in suppression of free speech, open debates and academic research. With new jargon like "Micro-aggresions"

" During the 2014–15 school year, for instance, the deans and department chairs at the 10 University of California system schools were presented by administrators at faculty leader-training sessions with examples of microaggressions. The list of offensive statements included: “America is the land of opportunity” and “I believe the most qualified person should get the job.”

OK its in the USA but this kind of crap rolls up in the UK 5 to 10 years later. Time for the Government to make Universities enforce their rules on free speech and free expression?

you are very much on the pulse here

there is a horrible growing trend by some,mostly on the left that you should simply be made to shut up and you have no right to opinion.
The far left especially in our universities are the new fascists without a doubt

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

there is a horrible growing trend by some,mostly on the left that you should simply be made to shut up and you have no right to opinion.
The far left especially in our universities are the new fascists without a doubt

Which leads me to wonder, and I'm sure I've asked you this before, why you are often so incredibly patronising and rude about people who don't share your views? Genuine question. You often say how you are into politics but quite a lot of the time your just name calling.

Anyway, in my 15 years on NSC I don't think I've ever heard Looney being described as 'on the pulse'!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway, in my 15 years on NSC I don't think I've ever heard Looney being described as 'on the pulse'!

Usually way ahead of it.

I dont see this as a left v right issue, more like Intellectual v stupid. If left at all a small subculture that has avoided criticism, the Emotional intelligence brigade and a mix of victim cult feminists, the latter having a point about using the trigger word term but then as is often the idiots got hold of it.

Without a doubt, really ?

Blimey some statement.

Looney, 'on the pulse'.................................................................:eek:HA HA haaaaaaaa. Hee hee HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha HA HA haaaaaaaa. Hee hee HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha hhhaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha hhhaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAA HA HA haaaaaaaa. Hee hee HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha HA HA haaaaaaaa. Hee hee HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha hhhaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha hhhaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAAhaa HA HA haaaaaaaa. Hee hee HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha HA HA haaaaaaaa. Hee hee HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha hhhaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha hhhaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAA HA HA haaaaaaaa. Hee hee HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha HA HA haaaaaaaa. Hee hee HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha hhhaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA Ha Ha ha ha ha hhhaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAAhaa
Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here