Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I Tunes advice please

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tried a search but no threads..

I want to download a couple of albums to cd for the car, But had no CDs so went to Currys and told they do not sell them anymore as they are old hat. So thought about a memory stick can I download I tunes to it and if so do I have to sync the stick with I tunes as per Ipod or should I buy 10 CDs somewhere else like WH Smith or Maplins..

Jul 7, 2003
If you're comfortable with CDs then keep it simple. Plenty of places still sell CDRs- probably even your local Tesco Extra or the big Sainsburys on the old market. If you can wait a couple of days, order online from Amazon or somewhere and you can buy 50 for less than £6.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
You can still get CDs. I'd just stick with that if you know how to do it already.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Currys do stock blank CDs so you've been told nonsense again, you can reserve them online to pick up in store today at most currys. Even the poundshop sell blank CDs, 5 for £1 normally, they aren't brilliant but I am guessing they'll be fine for recording a few tracks on to play in the car. The usb will only work if your car stereo has a usb input. If you've got an aux input you can play them direct from you phone with the right lead plugged into the stereo and your phone headphone jack.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that they are available but made me wonder as Currys/PC World have stopped selling them,when will others follow. I must admit that I rarely use them now only to download music or record films off the TV, as since being adviced on here now use memory sticks. CDs keep it simple as you say. It was the chap in Currys Haywards Heath who told me that as a company they have stopped stocking them in store. He suggested try Smiths.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I am sure that they are available but made me wonder as Currys/PC World have stopped selling them,when will others follow. I must admit that I rarely use them now only to download music or record films off the TV, as since being adviced on here now use memory sticks. CDs keep it simple as you say. It was the chap in Currys Haywards Heath who told me that as a company they have stopped stocking them in store. He suggested try Smiths.

Currys haven't stopped selling them... I bought a box of 25 from the Littlehampton Currys just last week!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Currys haven't stopped selling them... I bought a box of 25 from the Littlehampton Currys just last week!

Only saying what the man in Currys told me,perhaps as they run out they are not restocking from the depot. I drop brother in law at ASDA for the bus on a Sunday so will go in there I am sure they will have them.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Tried a search but no threads..

I want to download a couple of albums to cd for the car, But had no CDs so went to Currys and told they do not sell them anymore as they are old hat. So thought about a memory stick can I download I tunes to it and if so do I have to sync the stick with I tunes as per Ipod or should I buy 10 CDs somewhere else like WH Smith or Maplins..

8-track anyone?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I can see what's happened here; you've gone into Currys expecting the oily spiv (apologies to oily spivs, I know you don't all work for Currys) to have the slightest inkling about what they sell; he probably told you that because someone was hovering round the 4K TVs and he didn't want to miss out on his 50p commission.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I find the best place for value is Wilko in Worthing. I believe there is a branch in Burgess Hill.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Turn it off and talk about the match.

xza2uvl9dzc7jw623a2s_400x400.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here