Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you take a play-off final place NOW?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I had a very realistic dream last night (and so a premonition) that we were gearing up for a big Wembley day out and the Championship play-off final.

When I woke in my pool of tears, it made me think whether I would take that situation now, despite us being top of the league. One game away from promotion sounds a pretty good deal, even if we have had a better campaign so far.

Whatdyareckon?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I had a very realistic dream last night (and so a premonition) that we were gearing up for a big Wembley day out and the Championship play-off final.

When I woke in my pool of tears, it made me think whether I would take that situation now, despite us being top of the league. One game away from promotion sounds a pretty good deal, even if we have had a better campaign so far.

Whatdyareckon?

No!:albion2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's a tricky one. I think right now I'd take a guaranteed play off final spot. If we're still top 2 when we kick off on January 1st then I'd be disappointed with that.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Brighton are currently 6/4 for top two and a play off final would be nearer evens so it is a no from me, although it is tempting and of course it would be very exciting to go to Wembley so maybe....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No. We could be up to 11 points clear of 2nd place next Saturday evening.

No need to settle for a playoff lottery just yet.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No chance. There has been no team has looked better than us so in the words of a famous song written by Mark E Nevin

Life is too short to play silly games
I've promised myself I won't do that again

It's got to be perfect, it's got to be worth it, yeah
Too many people take second best
Well I won't take anything less
It's got to be, yeah, perfect

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Brighton are currently 6/4 for top two and a play off final would be nearer evens so it is a no from me, although it is tempting and of course it would be very exciting to go to Wembley so maybe....

Those odds indicate that currently we have less than a 50/50 chance of top 2, so a play off final would actually be preferable.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Whatdyareckon?

So a one off game to go up against the chance of blowing the top two and even possibly missing out on the play offs altogether is the risk.... hmmmm

Absolute no brainier has to be play off final...

Ps you only know its a premonition when it actually happens, not when you wake up....that still be a dream fella

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Do the maths. Because of or big lead we only have to play like a midtable team for the next 27 games and we'll still make the play-offs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hypothetically, I think we are more likely to finish in the top two than win a play-off contest - so it's a no from me. I'm not cashing out on this dream just yet sonny!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No - Can you imagine the crap we would have to put up with on NSC from now till next May ?

Dec 15, 2014
Here
filepicker%2FHgpKoeg1TCiEyTFjWtT2_NO.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here