Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help Test a Footie App - Superstar7

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Morning all,

I come to ask a favour of those on the board who might be interested - my brother has been developing a new footie game app on Android, and it hit the Google Play market yesterday. Though it has been in closed beta testing for a few months, it's now out in the open domain and available to all. Being as how folk here are generally tech-savvy and obviously interested in football, I figured I'd ask if anyone was interested in testing it out and letting me know your feedback.

It's called Superstar7 - and is a cross between a card trading game, and fantasy football. Once you set up your team, you can begin to assemble a 7-a-side team (GK, 2 x DF, 2 x MF, 2 x ST) from the various Premiership players on offer in order to score points in a similar fashion to Fantasy Football - points for goals scored, clean sheets etc. The catch is that you must open packs of cards within the game to see which players you'll have at your disposal. You can gain in-game cash to buy these packs through winning matches against your mates, or by completing certain achievements - along with the usual pay route if you so choose.

The idea of the game is to battle your mates - and you can set a forfeit of your choosing on creating the battle (first pint after the football, pie, £10 etc). There are also national and club mini-leagues, so you can see how you compare vs your friends, countrymen and fellow Albion supporters.

The game includes Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & European games, so plenty of opportunity to battle throughout the week. The games are locked down before the first kick-off of the day (4hr 30m from this post) and results posted shortly after.

If it sounds interesting, have a look - it'd be great to get some early impressions and feedback, and any bugs that you come across. Please try to keep them on this forum, rather than on the Google Play store, so that we get a chance to make any quick fixes to the game before any marketing material goes out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sd.ss7&hl=en_GB

Ta very much,

-Razi

Note: Feel free to add me in-game, manager name "Dave" and team name "Wigmore Wanderers".

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Have had a couple of people set teams up during the day - be good to get some first impressions, such as how easy you found it to set a team up. The lockdown should be lifted once the Bournemouth game finishes, so you can start to set up a team for tomorrow's games.

Cheers,
Razi

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Not sure of the development plans, but I'd imagine it depends on the success of the Android version as to whether it is viable to use development time for alternative OS's.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here