Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've Just woken up and I'm in Manchester...

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I think I may have had too much to drink on my Xmas do.
Instead of getting of my train at Halifax I fell asleep and now at Mancjester Piccadilly! Help...

I think I may have had too much to drink on my Xmas do.
Instead of getting of my train at Halifax I fell asleep and now at Mancjester Piccadilly! Help...

I did this on Christmas Eve in 1973. Got into a Pernod drinking contest at lunchtime in the Beecham SSC bar in Worthing after the site had shut; made it to Worthing Station around three, heading for Portslade. I remember us passing through Lancing then....... Havant. Hopped on a return train, off at Aldrington and into The Stadium at the bottom of Holmes Avenue for the evening. Woke up in a hedge in Clarke Avenue sometime the next morning (it was daylight), home to the parents for Christmas Lunch then bed. Up late the next morning but made it to The Stadium for lunchtime opening.
I'd find somewhere for a kip if I were you.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
First train back to Halifax is at 5.48am from Victoria Manchester, get's into Halifax at 6.35 am

You can get a coach at 4am with national express on Chorlton street to Bradford and then get train to Halifax at 5.58 which takes 12 minutes.

Hope this helps.

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
First train back to Halifax is at 5.48am from Victoria Manchester, get's into Halifax at 6.35 am

You can get a coach at 4am with national express on Chorlton street to Bradford and then get train to Halifax at 5.58 which takes 12 minutes.

Hope this helps.
Thank you

Or an £80 taxi!

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I did this on Christmas Eve in 1973. Got into a Pernod drinking contest at lunchtime in the Beecham SSC bar in Worthing after the site had shut; made it to Worthing Station around three, heading for Portslade. I remember us passing through Lancing then....... Havant. Hopped on a return train, off at Aldrington and into The Stadium at the bottom of Holmes Avenue for the evening. Woke up in a hedge in Clarke Avenue sometime the next morning (it was daylight), home to the parents for Christmas Lunch then bed. Up late the next morning but made it to The Stadium for lunchtime opening.
I'd find somewhere for a kip if I were you.

I looked at hotels but they were all full, opted for a taxi. He started at £130, we ended up at £80. Not bad for 40 minutes (each way) work. Nice bloke too. Knowledgable about footy and liked CH!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Christmas - when the rest of the world does what The Fatty Tax Man achieves all year round.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Did similar the day after in left the forces. Went to watch rugby at Cardiff Arms Park with a bunch of mates and after a severe amount of drinking and singing woke up in Hereford. Rung my (then) wife to come and pick me up she said she would, in the morning. So I curled up on a train station bench. She turned up with half of her family including 2 small nieces to pick up a beer soaked, still drunk and I would imagine quite smelly "Uncle Dave".

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why? Just why? Halifax or Manchester? Northern monkeys.

I got the Gatwick Express last night so I was never going to end up in Eastbourne, or even worse, Hastings.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here