Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
An interesting stat from the BBC preview of tomorrow's game: Last season, Joao Teixeira was involved in the most goals for Brighton (nine, six goals and three assists), the same number and combination Tommer Hemed has already amassed so far this season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sixth day of Chanukah tomorrow - let's hope he can grab a nice goal as a present to himself

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
An interesting stat from the BBC preview of tomorrow's game: Last season, Joao Teixeira was involved in the most goals for Brighton (nine, six goals and three assists), the same number and combination Tommer Hemed has already amassed so far this season.

Hemed has 4.3 SPG (90 mins) which is equal to Blackman. 40% accuracy. If the conversion rate can get above 8% to say 16% he will be up with the best.

Not a patch on Bobby Zamora with less than two shots a game (90 mins) but 60% conversion rate and 75% accuracy and a nearly a goal every 90 minutes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the bench tomorrow with Wilson and Zamora starting.
Why would you run the risk of a Bobby blow out in the first of 3 season defining games, at the start of Christmas?

Hemed & Wilson with Bobby seeing out the end of the game.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why would you run the risk of a Bobby blow out in the first of 3 season defining games, at the start of Christmas?

I'd go along with this. Derby are going to be a little more mobile than Charlton at the back and we'll need Hemed's work rate. Plus if Zamora came on as sub and got a "lucky" last minute winner against Derby again it might finish a few of their fans off!

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
Hemed has 4.3 SPG (90 mins) which is equal to Blackman. 40% accuracy. If the conversion rate can get above 8% to say 16% he will be up with the best.

Not a patch on Bobby Zamora with less than two shots a game (90 mins) but 60% conversion rate and 75% accuracy and a nearly a goal every 90 minutes.

Where are your sources from?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
On the bench tomorrow with Wilson and Zamora starting.

From Stockies description of having to take Bobby up in the lift after last weeks game, and watching him walk off the pitch as if he had piles,
I would be dumbfounded if Bobby starts today. I would imagine last week was the first time in ages he has lasted a whole match.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

This. Save Bobby unless an equaliser, winner or fightback is needed. I'd prefer to see him start against Boro next week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This. Save Bobby unless an equaliser, winner or fightback is needed. I'd prefer to see him start against Boro next week.
I'd imagine BZ will be keen to make his mark v QPR.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's been fantastic (only criticism is he's missed too many chances, but overall play great..) unfortunately, some on NSC believe that a striker is just there to score goals and they must put away every chance or they're shit :lol: - clueless...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I suspect there was no expectation that BZ would have to play the full ninety last week and would be surprised if he started today. Hemed is the sort of player I love to watch. Never stops trying and never hides when he misses chances...... always looking for the next one.

Older Albion fans may or may not agree but there is a lot in Tomer Hemed's style of play that reminds me of Johnny Goodchild in his prime

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I can imagine zamora starting the games against Derby and Boro and being available as a sub at QPR

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hemed shooting accuracy revised to 34% by stats. cf. Chris Martin is at about 43%. Still an improvement on Barnes and Mackail-Smith at about 27%. Baldock is about the same as those two at 27%.

It is getting into scoring positions are Hemed's forte. I think the goals will come. Not sure about Baldock though? He shoots like an average midfielder. Makes sense to put Zamora on at 66 minutes (not wait until 74 minutes) when this season he won't get more than one shot but at a 60% conversion rate this season so far he has more than an even chance of scoring.

Baldock has 2 goals and 2 assists, but one of those was a mishit shot.

Hemed 's goal tally includes one that should have been credited to Dale Stephens.

If we stop Chris Martin scoring we have got a good chance of a 1-1 draw at Derby.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Reading between the many lines of his interviews he's happy to be a team player and it isn't all about 'me, me, me', the guy oozes quality.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here