Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby : if we win ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Surely our toughest game of the season so far - so if we have a go - take them on and beat them Is that the time to start dreaming or what ? Or should we wait till after M'Brough.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Let's wait until January the Xmas period throws up some strange results in a very unpredictable league.
To be honest I don't think we will win tomorrow maybe draw.
If we were full strength I would be very confident but as good as last week was the first half scared the life out of me against an average side.
Love to be totally wrong of course.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
It's going to be really tough but I think we might do it. Realistically a draw is a great result and,after last seasons debacle,we should be pleased with that.If we win and get something against 'Boro then I'd say start dreaming. "Come on Albion"

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we win at Derby,yes, even the most doleful countenances will begin to flicker with fleeting wonder.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Only start to dream if we are top by 7 points with 2 games to go. This is BHA remember!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Even if we lose (HAHA! LOSE!) I will still believe that we are more than capable of making it this season. The left back problem really worries me for the immediate future, although this Albion team never fail to surprise me.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Over exuberence tends subliminally to weaken resolve for the next challenge imo, e.g. we might win at Derby, get overexcited - and then play crap and lose to QPR and Middlesbrough.
No!! - IF we win against Derby it means nothing but 3 more points and maintaining a quiet confidence that we can match the best! .... and if we lose then the challenge is to get over it and show we are real contenders by bouncing straight back against QPR!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Over exuberence tends subliminally to weaken resolve for the next challenge imo, e.g. we might win at Derby, get overexcited - and then play crap and lose to QPR and Middlesbrough.
No!! - IF we win against Derby it means nothing but 3 more points and maintaining a quiet confidence that we can match the best! .... and if we lose then the challenge is to get over it and show we are real contenders by bouncing straight back against QPR!

That's far too good for this board.
Please think before posting.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Goodness knows what this amazing season will bring. Tough match, yes - but any tougher than Hull, Burnley, or Ipswich were at the time? Not predicting a win, but to be honest, whatever the result it won't surprise me. I will make my usual pathetic gesture of keeping my fingers crossed.....................

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If we take 7 points from these next 4 games then I think everyone will believe we have shout of a top 2 finish.

How many points have we taken in the league from our last five visits there ignoring the cup?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm already a signed up believer in CH and the squad and will be a little surprised if we are not top two by the season end. Away at Derby could be the toughest fixture of the season (we'll only be playing for pride at Boro), so a loss would only be significant if it started a run of poor form (which it won't). However, I think we'll win today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here