Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Record sales of half season tickets

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
We don't know what the numbers are but this is really good news. Well done to the energetic marketing department.

The challenge will be to hold on to them in 2016/17, irrespective of how the rest of the season pans out. But this is a great start to winning back lapsed STHs.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not exactly a hard sell is it? Put the news out that half season tickets are available.

Oh and by the way they are top of the league and unbeaten so far in the league this season.

If it was last season then fair enough. The majority of season ticket holders will only keep them if we go up anyway.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I guess this is a direct result of the high match day ticket prices, people have been staying away and waiting for half season tickets to be released.

I wonder how much the attendances will jump by - 500, 1000, 2000 etc :shrug:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not exactly a hard sell is it? Put the news out that half season tickets are available.

Oh and by the way they are top of the league and unbeaten so far in the league this season.

If it was last season then fair enough. The majority of season ticket holders will only keep them if we go up anyway.

Really? The majority of season ticket holders will only keep them if we go up?
So out of say 19 or 20000 season ticket holders more than 10000 will give them up at the end of this season if we don't go up. Interesting that you.think disappointment will lead to that much of a drop

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
So out of say 19 or 20000 season ticket holders more than 10000 will give them up at the end of this season if we don't go up. Interesting that you.think disappointment will lead to that much of a drop
To be fair I think he meant half season ticket holders and I suspect he might be right...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I didnt mean existing which I am pretty sure you already new, but just wanted to try and make me look a bit stupid.

You might get a few, who really enjoyed going to the AMEX again or for the first time, but the majority will be in it for the glory and the rewards it brings.

Do I care? No not at all, as long as we see more people in the ground thats fine by me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do we have any inkling of how many they've sold?

Not to make light of what is undoubtably great news, but I don't imagine we've ever sold more than 100 or so half-seson tickets before, so 'record sales' MIGHT not be all that significant.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We don't know what the numbers are but this is really good news. Well done to the energetic marketing department.

The challenge will be to hold on to them in 2016/17, irrespective of how the rest of the season pans out. But this is a great start to winning back lapsed STHs.

Donno about anybody else but IMHO half season ticket holders seem to me to be the ultimate JCLs who should be whacked through the pocket accordingly.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've bought one.

I had a season ticket with my son for the last eleven years, but he was off to university, and we ummed and ahed, but didn't renew after last season.

I've only missed one home game, though. Friends have been very generous, I've generally been able to borrow someone else's ticket. I've only had to buy two at full price and one for a tenner.

I don't want to freeload for ever though, so I've bought one for the second half of the season. The area I wanted sold quite fast, so it 'feels' like a lot were snapped up. But I have my rightful place in H Block of WSU sorted. :)

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I won a half season ticket on a local radio competition this morning.

Ive already got a ST along with my 2 kids so am giving it to my dad. Ticket office phoned me up and I got the half ST seat immediately next to us. Result!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I won a half season ticket on a local radio competition this morning.

Ive already got a ST along with my 2 kids so am giving it to my dad. Ticket office phoned me up and I got the half ST seat immediately next to us. Result!

good news all round.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Donno about anybody else but IMHO half season ticket holders seem to me to be the ultimate JCLs who should be whacked through the pocket accordingly.

Whilst that may be the case for some or many - I don't know - does it really matter? They are putting money into the club and the attendances will hopefully be better. I could not care less what the motivation for being at a match is, from people around me; they are supporting the Albion in their own way.
In my case, I have used a friend's ticket for years, as he bought several and rarely uses them ( I know!) and as I am 65 in January, took advantage. Also, by using someone else's ticket, so far as loyalty points are concerned, I do not exist, and thus if the Albion made e.g. a semi-final, I would be way down the pecking order, despite having perhaps attended more matches than others who had a ST and whose attendance was irregular. I would be at the other person's whim.
There are, thus, all sorts of reasons which would explain the record number, though I am sure that the possibility of the team getting promoted figures highly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here