Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hollowy talking crap again

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
In todays sun ian holloway talks about our games on sky versus qpr and mboro and says the dangerman will be lualua so he doesnt realize that hes injured what a knobhead

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
This could be an almost weekly thread subject.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In todays sun ian holloway talks about our games on sky versus qpr and mboro and says the dangerman will be lualua so he doesnt realize that hes injured what a knobhead
:eek: I feel like the rest of you are less surprised by this than me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In some cases, these columns/strories are ghost-written (possibly the same as Don Goodman's one the other day. I'm not saying it IS the case, but your accusation might be misplaced, and it could just been some poor hack who has to knock out the story in not much time, for not much money.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
uploadfromtaptalk1449848574935.jpg

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
non Premier League previews are normally quite revealing in how little research is done.

Few years back Norwich v Burnley on Sky, the preview was all focused on Gifton Noel-Williams who was our dangerman apparently. Gifton, or 'Giftless' as some of the fans called him (GNW was also known as 'Going No Where) had scored a couple in his recent matches. These were largely flukes, in fact I seem to remember one fan stating that he'd only scored by virtue of getting in the way of a couple of goal-bound strikes which had come off him.

Presumably the researcher for the game had looked at who had scored in the previous couple of games and not bothered with anything else. It's not just Sky, I've had a couple of bets come in over the years where injured players were featured in the First Scorer selections at short odds meaning the player(s) starting were sometimes the third name on the list. Nice long odds!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here