Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains for Ipswich game 29/12 19:45

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was just preparing to travel down from London for the Ipswich game on the Tuesday night and thought I'd come by train and have a few drinkies.

I was shocked to see that all services from Victoria are going to East Grinstead and then a bus service to Three Bridges making it a journey time of 1 hour 52 minutes minimum.

It's even worse for the return journey with London trains apparently only running every 30 minutes from Brighton. According to the train line anyway.

Just thought I'd give the heads up to anyone planning for that fixture and maybe I am completely wrong and someone can enlighten me otherwise.

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I believe it's impossible to get back to London after the game.

It certainly looks difficult and even worse for Ipswich fans so I would imagine there'll be a low attendance that night unless they are running a load of coaches.

Do you know who it is that runs the coachs from the Kent area for Brighton fans?

Cheers

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mainline trains completely spannered between Xmas and New Year. Will certainly be lower than normal bums on seats.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I presume there will be the normal matchday service between Brighton and Lewes?

Did the club not move this from the BH Monday 28th? At least then it could have been a 3pm ko which would have made things easier. Expecting Lewes to become a big car park on the 29th. All welcome for beer!

PG

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
It certainly looks difficult and even worse for Ipswich fans so I would imagine there'll be a low attendance that night unless they are running a load of coaches.

Do you know who it is that runs the coachs from the Kent area for Brighton fans?

Cheers

Seagulls Travel run a service that starts in Tonbridge. I don't think there's anything further afield than that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
2 hours and buses to London is a bit of a shambles. Seems to be a yearly event now.

Many will still do it though through lack of choice

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is west coastway going to be like on that night ? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here