" Unexpected item in the bagging area!"

Call the assistant!

Nnnnnoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Still quicker...

Yep

The key is to not pick the next item up before the last is in the bag the other side. I only use the self scan for a few bits. Otherwise the weekly shop is done with the scan-as-you-go thingys only to be caught by the assistant to do a check in case we've accidentally robbed something.:whistle::wozza::rant::censored::facepalm:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Yep

The key is to not pick the next item up before the last is in the bag the other side. I only use the self scan for a few bits. Otherwise the weekly shop is done with the scan-as-you-go thingys only to be caught by the assistant to do a check in case we've accidentally robbed something.:whistle::wozza::rant::censored::facepalm:

Problems also arise if you are buying booze - EVERY item needs to be authorised.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Did you bring your own bag?
Yes
Did I really?
No
Did I use a supermarket bag?
Yes
5p for a useless, too thin bag is an outrage so I use the self service tills instead.

I can also say I have 3 croissants/doughnuts when in fact I have 6.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Never buy a small,individual Pork Pie. Almost without exception a portion of the barcode will be folded over itself rendering the bar-code illegible to the scanner.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i quite fancy the one at Waitrose

sounds posh but potentially very dirty,very tempted to leave something in her bagging area.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I've noticed on more than one occasion, in Tesco and M&S, people QUEUING for self-service when our nice lady on the basket till is much quicker.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thing is whenever I queue up at a manned till I get behind MR or Mrs SLOW COACH!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here