Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton Wanderers receive winding up petition

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why the hell should the government intervene when a football club has deliberately lived beyond its means? Whose fault is that?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gartside is a bully and a tosser of the first order and everyone connected with the club and every fan has known for years they were living beyond their means. No sympathy.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
HMRC take a hard line these days. Great old club, what a desperate state of affairs for its fans, genuinely gutted for them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He is. But what about the fans, it's not their fault. The same could have happened to us.

They will still have their club to follow - just one league down! - and as we have seen with our friends up the road, going bust can be the door to a better future.

Even Pompey (best fans in the world doncha know!) have survived :lolol:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Should be relegated out of the league, that would stop this administration lark. Sympathy for the fans, bad owners destroy football. Now where's my car sticker.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Are there any players we should be looking at?
Zach Clough looks good, but possibly injury prone?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Jussi
A young Ben-Haim
Kevin Nolan
Hierro
Jay Jay Okocha
Djorkaeff
Ivan Campo
Stelios Gianakopoulos
Gary Speed
Gary Cahill
Anelka
MICHAEL RICKETTS

Those were the days

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Zach Clough is probably the only player that will be picked up by a championship club.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
He is. But what about the fans, it's not their fault. The same could have happened to us.

mustering sympathy for them is trickier than normal. As I've commented on another thread when Coyle left and pointed to their finances as one of the reasons a fair few Burnley fans countered by outlining how much debt they were in (and how exposed they would be if either Davies called the debt in or they got relegated). It was only a dialogue with a few of their fans but they were quite happy living in debt.

The sadder thing is that it won't inform the opinions of many fans of all clubs who'll continue to berate their club for not acting outside its financial capabilities.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Sam Allardyce & Phil "brown" Brown was on 5 live this morning saying that they couldn't figure out that a club who earned a profit of at lest £50,plus parachute payments, mill in 12 years in the premier league could end up £147m in debt to their chairman and £600k in debt to HMRC in the time since relegation. I do. Reckless overspending trying to get back up, ridiculous mismanagement and falling revenues. Bolton, like we did,need to learn the hard way what being a proper club entails.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Gartside is a bully and a tosser of the first order and everyone connected with the club and every fan has known for years they were living beyond their means. No sympathy.

Thats a tad OTT if you don't mind me saying so, Phil Gartside isn't exactly my favourite chairman either, but this isn't about him, it's about Bolton Wanderers Football Club, one of the oldest clubs in the country, and founder members of the Football League.

The fans certainly don't deserve this, and I wish them well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here