Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Corbyn backed fraudster , Jailed .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
Quote from the BBC report:

"Dahir's defence barrister Patrick Harte told the court his client had a letter from Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn "setting out his roots in the area" of Islington.

The letter had been sent as part of Dahir's earlier bail application, Mr Harte told the press."

Islington is Jeremy Corbyn's constituency. He was quite possibly just doing something routine in support of one of his constituents in all innocence. This will get translated by certain sections of the press in to something horrific, when it could well be "nothing to see here".

And I'm not trying to stick up for Jeremy Corbyn, just pointing out there might be nothing in the story.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Quote from the BBC report:

"Dahir's defence barrister Patrick Harte told the court his client had a letter from Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn "setting out his roots in the area" of Islington.

The letter had been sent as part of Dahir's earlier bail application, Mr Harte told the press."

Islington is Jeremy Corbyn's constituency. He was quite possibly just doing something routine in support of one of his constituents in all innocence. This will get translated by certain sections of the press in to something horrific, when it could well be "nothing to see here".

And I'm not trying to stick up for Jeremy Corbyn, just pointing out there might be nothing in the story.

This, and it's not as if he actually knowingly employed a criminal.
cough cough..Cameron...cough cough Coulson...

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't like Corbyn but I can see how this might look.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes he has

*cough* Mike Watson, arsonist *cough*

And possibly *cough * Mark Clarke at Tory central office at the heart of bullying claims that led to the suicide of a young Tory activist..... it's just like Eton !

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Well well well another Corbyn smear campaign. They really won't let up till he resigns.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And possibly *cough * Mark Clarke at Tory central office at the heart of bullying claims that led to the suicide of a young Tory activist..... it's just like Eton !

Yep, you're quite right, the Tories have employed some right slimeballs but that wasn't the claim being made, was it?

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Yes he has

*cough* Mike Watson, arsonist *cough*

Actually, it is rather interesting. I didn't know that (didn't even know who Mike Watson was, to be honest), but looking it up, seems like he set fire to a couple of curtains after a heavy drinking session at the Scottish Politician of the Year Award. Reckless, but hardly premeditated. Not like Coulson, who cynically hacked and allowed to be hacked the phones of murder victims for financial profit. Watson had served his sentence 10 years before Corbyn appointed him. Coulson was still in the thick of it, so to speak, when Cameron decided he'd be a fit a suitable person to be at the heart of Government.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Actually, it is rather interesting. I didn't know that (didn't even know who Mike Watson was, to be honest), but looking it up, seems like he set fire to a couple of curtains after a heavy drinking session at the Scottish Politician of the Year Award. Reckless, but hardly premeditated.

You seem to be in possession of more facts about the case than the judge who sentenced him to 20 months in prison. It's also at odds with the professionals who carried out a social enquiry assessment of him and concluded that there was a significant risk of him re-offending at that time - and that does rather indicate a significant degree of premeditation to me.

I'm not excusing Cameron appointing that sleazebag Coulson and it's a very slippery slope you're going down with this moral relativism. Who's worse - someone who hacks murder victim's phones or a man who seriously endangered the lives of dozens of people with his fire-starting? Can we not agree that both have shown they're completely unfit to be near the top table in politics and that the leaders who knowingly appointed them have ballsed up big time here?

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
You seem to be in possession of more facts about the case than the judge who sentenced him to 20 months in prison. It's also at odds with the professionals who carried out a social enquiry assessment of him and concluded that there was a significant risk of him re-offending at that time - and that does rather indicate a significant degree of premeditation to me.

I'm not excusing Cameron appointing that sleazebag Coulson and it's a very slippery slope you're going down with this moral relativism. Who's worse - someone who hacks murder victim's phones or a man who seriously endangered the lives of dozens of people with his fire-starting? Can we not agree that both have shown they're completely unfit to be near the top table in politics and that the leaders who knowingly appointed them have ballsed up big time here?

Fair enough. I think the difference here is that Watson has served his time and been fire-starting free since. It was also Labour's National Executive who allowed him back into the party (something which Corbyn can't be held responsible for), so presumably they felt he wasn't going to go round burning stuff. Presumably Coulson won't be hacking any more phones either. Corbyn's probably guilty of being too forgiving of someone who committed an offence, served his time and has not re-offended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here