Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top Three Championship Fixtures In December

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
On paper we have the biggest test out of the 3 but how many points can we win/take of our rivals? Our biggest test will obviously be Derby and Middlesbrough, I fancy a result against QPR and Brentford and draw with Ipswich. I want to say we will win one of the Big two and draw the other but the footballing gods appear to be with us so we might end up beating them both. Derby look to have the easier set of games, again on paper, and Middlesbrough have to play Burnley and Sheff Weds and us but this is the Championship and anyone can beat anyone. I'm hoping it goes something like this.

Brighton:

Derby (A) D
QPR (A) W
Middlesbrough (H) W
Brentford (A) W
Ipswich (H) D
11pts

Middlesbrough:

Birmingham (H) W
Burnley (H) D
Brighton (A) L
Blackburn (A) W
Sheff Weds (H) D
8pts

Derby:

Brighton (H) D
Bristol City (H) W
Ipswich (A) D
Fulham (H) W
Leeds (A) W
11pts

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
11pts out of that lot would be outstanding. 8-9 to get us near the 50 mark before christmas would be very nice indeed.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'd be absolutely delighted with the 11 points from those game predicted in the o.p. Sadly I feel December is one month too far for the unbeaten record. Hope I'm wrong but I can't see us getting through those five games unbeaten. If we did though, what an achievement!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
On paper we have the biggest test out of the 3 but how many points can we win/take of our rivals? Our biggest test will obviously be Derby and Middlesbrough, I fancy a result against QPR and Brentford and draw with Ipswich. I want to say we will win one of the Big two and draw the other but the footballing gods appear to be with us so we might end up beating them both. Derby look to have the easier set of games, again on paper, and Middlesbrough have to play Burnley and Sheff Weds and us but this is the Championship and anyone can beat anyone. I'm hoping it goes something like this.

Brighton:

Derby (A) D
QPR (A) W
Middlesbrough (H) W
Brentford (A) W
Ipswich (H) D
11pts

Middlesbrough:

Birmingham (H) W
Burnley (H) D
Brighton (A) L
Blackburn (A) W
Sheff Weds (H) D
8pts

Derby:

Brighton (H) D
Bristol City (H) W
Ipswich (A) D
Fulham (H) W
Leeds (A) W
11pts

Can't believe people still say things like this. Nothings every obvious in football. Did we learn nothing from the Charlton match?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The rhetoric 'this is the championship, anyone can beat anyone' is misplaced for this season as there is one team, so far, that no one can beat or even look like beating. Can people please not use this phrase until that that team is beaten . . . You may have quite a long wait.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
LDDWW = 8

And I'd be happy with that.

As strange as this sounds, I won't be too despondent when the unbeaten run ends. All the time we are unbeaten, teams will be trying that much harder to be the first to beat us, and despite any rhetoric to the contrary, I am sure the team must sometimes have it in the back of their mind during a tight match, that not losing can be come more important than trying to win.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This season so far:

vs Top 8 we average 1.8 PPG
vs Mid 8 we average 2.33 PPG

so (2 x 1.8) + (2.33 x 3) = 10.6pts =

I'd be delighted with 10 but it looks a big ask with Calderon at LB

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
and despite any rhetoric to the contrary, I am sure the team must sometimes have it in the back of their mind during a tight match, that not losing can be come more important than trying to win.

If the Charlton game is anything to go by, and the reaction to scoring to make it 2-2 with 6 mins to go - i'd say the players are VERY much in the mindset that a draw is nowhere near as important as a win :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think Middlesbrough will win the next 2, so just hoping for victory at Derby or QPR at this stage.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
LDDWW = 8

And I'd be happy with that.

As strange as this sounds, I won't be too despondent when the unbeaten run ends. All the time we are unbeaten, teams will be trying that much harder to be the first to beat us, and despite any rhetoric to the contrary, I am sure the team must sometimes have it in the back of their mind during a tight match, that not losing can be come more important than trying to win.

Totally agree that the unbeaten mantra could well be (or become) a burden to us.

As for upcoming games I'd be very happy with the same 8 but would stick my quid on LDWDW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here