Andraz Sporar

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
We Are Brighton Retweeted
Matej Zibert ‏@yodazib 11h11 hours ago
@wearebrighton reports in Slovenia #bhafc
have seen a €4m bid for Andraz Sporar rejected
by the player. Signed for Basel instead y'day.

Sorry if fixtures but I thought this was interesting if somewhat dead before it even got going!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can believe that our scouts were looking at him as a potential DS prospect. However, we're (thankfully) not in the habit of splashing out around £3m for a player who's unproven above the Slovenian league or U21 national team.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Probably in exactly the same way as Towell signed for us but can't play until the window opens

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Think agreements can still be reached, just not made official. It's the same process by which we've been able to negotiate on South Americans I guess and I remain hopeful that come the first week of January we will be well placed business wise to secure one of our targets

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Think agreements can still be reached, just not made official. It's the same process by which we've been able to negotiate on South Americans I guess and I remain hopeful that come the first week of January we will be well placed business wise to secure one of our targets

I would imagine the January signings have already been done - we do our business very early nowadays

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I would imagine the January signings have already been done - we do our business very early nowadays

Our squad will strengthen in January no matter what. With the Towell signing plus the return of Lua Lua & hopefully Crofts, Bong, Baldock & Rosenior(?); we'll be in a great position to push hard in the second half of the season. And I agree, any South American signings will have been agreed by now and announced in January if they are to happen.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Our squad will strengthen in January no matter what. With the Towell signing plus the return of Lua Lua & hopefully Crofts, Bong, Baldock & Rosenior(?); we'll be in a great position to push hard in the second half of the season. And I agree, any South American signings will have been agreed by now and announced in January if they are to happen.

Ithink some of those in juries will not be back in January.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

Bong will likely be March, and I'm not sure how badly hurt Baldock is.I thought Rosenior was quite bad, but Jones said it should be in the New Year, so maybe January.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bong will likely be March, and I'm not sure how badly hurt Baldock is.I thought Rosenior was quite bad, but Jones said it should be in the New Year, so maybe January.
Bong's initial prognosis was 12 weeks wasn't it? And that was back at the end of October. Has there been an update?

Also, was there not some deal for a left back from an MLS team in the offing?

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle

I'm greatly reassured by this post but still worry about the rate of recovery of those injured players.....

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Bong's initial prognosis was 12 weeks wasn't it? And that was back at the end of October. Has there been an update?

Also, was there not some deal for a left back from an MLS team in the offing?

Yup 12 weeks from the injury gives you mid-February, plus a couple of weeks to get up to speed. No updates that I can see though, and Lua Lua has been a slow to return.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yup 12 weeks from the injury gives you mid-February, plus a couple of weeks to get up to speed. No updates that I can see though, and Lua Lua has been a slow to return.

12 weeks from 31 October takes you to 22 january

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And he got injured on the 24th October, so 16th Jan if we're being precise.
And wouldn't the "12 weeks" have been a guess at when he could play 1st team again...? I'm holding my breath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here