Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Recommendations sought for wireless / Bluetooth speakers

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
NSC, I'm looking for the above, not wanting to spend a pile of cash as they will be for occasional use only.

I have a desktop business type PC which has really weak sound capability so my primary aim is to beef this up as I enjoy spending time now and again playing music on YouTube.

As a secondary option it might be nice to have the option to take them outside in the summer etc.

Not sure if they can be used with a TV also but this would be a "nice to have" addition.

So any recommendations? There are a lot on Amazon and I'm sure someone here already has what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have had a Bose Soundlink for a couple of years now, still love and use it regularly. It has a sound way above what you expect when you look at the size of it. I can highly recommend, but it can't be described as cheap but then quality seldom is.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I have a bose soundlink 3 . pricey but the sound is incredible with plenty of bass and pretty loud too. the battery lasts about 10 hours. always take it on holiday with me or in the garden

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Superb vfm in my opinion. Great sound and portability. Aux input too.

Soundlink%20Mini%20(3%20of%2011).jpg

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
If you've got an old hifi / speakers / iphone dock have a look at getting a bluetooth receiver to plug into it. We had an old Bose sounddock that we hadn't used in years as didn't have compatible iphones - one £25 adapter later and it's now on pretty much every day streaming from our phones.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I bought the Bose Soundlink Colour and absolutely hated it. Bass was horrible (which really surprised me) and lady in the flat underneath me complained. also battery life only 9 hours. bought an omaker m4 off amazon for 20% of the price and in contrast I love it. really good sound, waterproof so use it in the bathroom and battery lasts for ever (still on first charge after 3 weeks). 10 hours battery use is useless to me, this one just goes on and on, the advertised 12 hours massively underestimates imo (bought a 2nd one for someone else who confirms it)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If you've got an old hifi / speakers / iphone dock have a look at getting a bluetooth receiver to plug into it. We had an old Bose sounddock that we hadn't used in years as didn't have compatible iphones - one £25 adapter later and it's now on pretty much every day streaming from our phones.

Further to this, I had exactly the same problem. To add to the hassle the cradle connectors went a bit moody with the bluetooth adapter. Bought one of these and fitted it in 2 mins (if I can do it anyone can).
Sound is super and my redundant speaker is now making a splendid racket all over the house.
For an extra tenner they do one with an AUX input too, something sorely missed on such gadgets.
Recommended.

Captureaa.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here