Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rottingdean Pub bans office Christmas Parties

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
did like this:

It’s amateur hour at Christmas. Those people who don’t get out an awful lot, then they go out at Christmas and get smashed

amateurs indeed :lolol:

though i dont know why headline writers have use words to make something more fuss than it is, they simply arent taking bookings. its not like if half a dozen work colleges turn up together they'll refuse to serve you. i know, headlines sell papers, but its a bug bear of mine. "Landlords shun large office Christmas parties" would have been better.

but then you linked and we clicked, so the editor has done their job.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Their attitude is refreshing and has made me want to search out their boozer. Look after the people who keep you going the other 11 months a year and not just be in it for a quick buck. That said it does beg the question how the argus got to hear about it in the first place.

Either way Christmas is a dreadful time for regular pub goers with prats who have no idea how to order at bar and once a year drinkers.

Kudos to them!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Does anyone know which pub Chantelle is going to be in, and does it matter I dont work in sales ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good move. Who wants a load of office bores ruining their schooner of imported small batch barrel-aged imperial ale eh?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I read the article thinking that they probably wouldn't get many Christmas parties going there anyway and then realised the whole thing was geared towards publicity for the other events they do have on in December.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The Queen vic is a decent pub. In rottingdean at the moment the white horse is geared up more for chantelle from accounts (having had the misfortune of being there one night when the year 1 mums at a local school had their chase anything in trousers night)

The Plough has a good restaurant area so would be a more calm social event

The black horse has gone very weird with a landlord who changes his mind/personality every 5 mins and has a very cliquey clientele

So something for everyone

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The Queen vic is a decent pub. In rottingdean at the moment the white horse is geared up more for chantelle from accounts (having had the misfortune of being there one night when the year 1 mums at a local school had their chase anything in trousers night)

The Plough has a good restaurant area so would be a more calm social event

The black horse has gone very weird with a landlord who changes his mind/personality every 5 mins and has a very cliquey clientele

So something for everyone
But ignored you so you've sulked about it ever since :lolol:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Love the Vic. I loved the old Vic and was very sceptical when they took over but they have done a great job. Great food and they know their booze inside out.

I avoid the black for much the same reasons as [MENTION=4251]ROSM[/MENTION] stated. The guys who run it are weird.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here