Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury stripped of IBF world heavyweight title

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thats the first the others will follow but in the ring.

Rather amusing I read that Frank Bruno wants to make a comeback and said he would ko Fury. Seems everybody wants to fight him as they see it as an easy way to get the world title.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
Can someone who is more knowledgeable explain this to me?

Surely when you fight for the belt the relevant bodies such as the IBF see the paperwork prior to the fight to make sure it is all legit before it can be defended so they must have known from the start that it contained a rematch clause- why was it not questioned then?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Surely when you fight for the belt the relevant bodies such as the IBF see the paperwork prior to the fight to make sure it is all legit before it can be defended so they must have known from the start that it contained a rematch clause- why was it not questioned then?

Cause they thought he would probably lose....!!!

This always happens when an undisputed champ loses, the governing bodies will try to find a way to split up the titles again so they can have more title fights. 4 defences a year is dull, a world title on the line every month is much more exciting.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Whats a joke is the IBF and the other governing bodies used to bend over backwards for the Klitschko's and the second Fury gets the title they pull this farce of a move so some paper champion like Glazkov who apparently hasnt fought anyone in the top 20 can get hold of the belt and render it irrelevant. What a joke, I wanna see Fury do a Riddock Bowe and chuck the belt in the bin at a press conference.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Nowadays I'm hardly more interested in boxing than I am wrestling.... money has turned it into a feckin farce, and sadly lovely footy is catching up.
Bloody ridiculous that there can be FOUR World Champions at everyone of the SEVENTEEN weight categories! So at any one time there could feasibly be 68 World Champions. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here