Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Struggling for Goals...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We are now the 4th highest scoring side in the division on 27 goals, with Fulham top on 31, M'boro 2nd on 29, Hull and Ipswich joint 3rd on 28.

We now have 6 players on 3 or more league goals.

We have 8 different scorers in the league in total.

10 different players have assists (note there are 17 assists attributed to the 27 goals).

It ain't bad for a side struggling to score. Imagine what might happen if we aren't struggling for goals.:smile:

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We are now the 3rd highest scoring side in the division on 27 goals, with M'boro top on 29, Hull and Ipswich joint 2nd on 28.

We have 9 different scorers in total.

11 different players have assists (note there are 17 assists attributed to the 27 goals).

It ain't bad for a side struggling to score. Imagine what might happen if we aren't struggling for goals.:smile:

One goal from EACH of our three strikers on Saturday.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I wouldn't have expected anything less from a side sitting proudly at the top of the League

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't think we have been struggling for goals at all, and we've largely been there or thereabouts with the other challengers in terms of what we score for a while now.

Where I think we have been struggling is to make possession, dominance and chances truly count.

If we did have a more prolific strike force, and I do mean Baldock and Hemed primarily here, I think we would be nearer 50 points than 40 right now and we wouldn't be getting all this "Brighton are grinding out results" shit from opposing fans who've not really seen us play.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The list is missing Fulham who are highest scorers with 31 goals

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If only our defence wasn't so porous...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We are now the 3rd highest scoring side in the division on 27 goals, with M'boro top on 29, Hull and Ipswich joint 2nd on 28.

We have 8 different scorers in the league in total.

10 different players have assists (note there are 17 assists attributed to the 27 goals).

The list is missing Fulham who are highest scorers with 31 goals

So we're 5th highest scorers then!
Any more?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ridiculous having to look down to 16th for the divisions top scoring side!!! :moo:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Struggling for Goals

We may be good compared to most sides in this division, but 27 from 19 isn't exactly prolific, is it?

It looks to me (every Saturday as I watch the results coming through) that the Championship overall is very short of goals. There seem to be far more scored in Divisions 3 and 4 (aka Leagues 1 and 2), and probably more in the PL too. Anybody got any stats to prove this? And if I am correct, any suggestions as to why the Championship has fewer goals per game than other divisions?

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Struggling for Goals

We may be good compared to most sides in this dividion, but 27 from 19 isn't exactly prolific, is it?

It looks to me (every Saturday as I watch the results coming through) that the Championship overall is very short of goals. There seem to be far more scored in Divisions 3 and 4 (aka Leagues 1 and 2), and probably more in the PL too. Anybody got any stats to prove this? And if I am correct, any suggestions as to why the Championship has fewer goals per game than other divisions?

Very good point, top 3 scoring clubs in previous seasons after 19 games:
14/15
B/Muff 37
W'Ford 36
Derby 35

13/14
Derby 40
Leicester 31
Burnley 30

12/13
Cardiff 37
Palarse 36
M'Wall/Watford 33

So is the Championship particularly defensive this season!?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
"Brighton are grinding out results" SHIT from opposing fans who've not really seen us play.

How did that get through the swear filter?
http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=23&season=2015&category=OVERALL&team=1

We are top of the yellow card table at the moment with 41, I didn't actually think we were that bad a side when it came to fouling.
I remember the start of the season we were getting 5/6 bookings a game. Lua Lua got a suspension after 6/7 games if I remember correctly?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
There is no doubt a decent goalscorer would be well into double figures this season for us now though and we would be a further 6 points better of at least. We have missed a stack of guilt edged chances that we shouldmhave taken.

I know everyone misses the odd chance but we really do stack them up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here