Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many refugees can you fit in a car?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
uploadfromtaptalk1449563750665.png

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
anyone hear how Yvette Cooper is getting on with the family she said she was going to take in? Havnt heard anything either from Bob Geldof or Stan Collymore who spouted outrage at the lack of help and pledged to take in people who are seeking refuge......perhaps they are quiet modest people who prefer keeping their intake quiet.

in actual fact how are all the thousands upon thousands of people getting on with all the asylum seekers/refugees they promised they were going to house.

shouldnt they be promoting to everyone the positives of their actions,they all seem to have gone very quiet for some odd reason.

anyone hear how Yvette Cooper is getting on with the family she said she was going to take in? Havnt heard anything either from Bob Geldof or Stan Collymore who spouted outrage at the lack of help and pledged to take in people who are seeking refuge......perhaps they are quiet modest people who prefer keeping their intake quiet.

in actual fact how are all the thousands upon thousands of people getting on with all the asylum seekers/refugees they promised they were going to house.

shouldnt they be promoting to everyone the positives of their actions,they all seem to have gone very quiet for some odd reason.

It is a shame you don't go quiet for a similar period.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

Get stuffed pastafarian,

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
L

I applied for any young Scandinavian women refugees but all to no avail. It's the bureaucracy and red tape that has held things up.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
2000 people including Yvette Cooper and Nicholas Sturgeon according to The Telegraph, have offered to house refugees.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
We offered to take in a family for a month. Obviously through the right channels, not just anyone knocking on the front door.
I understand that 12 refugees were allocated to Hastings council & Lewes got 12 also.
In Hastings the number of volunteers far exceeded the number of refugees & we weren't needed.
If they contact us again next year when the next 2000 come over then we'll consider offering again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The answer to the OP question is obviously different if bringing them in and taking them out. I believe that benefits should be reducedto encourage people back to work and we shouldnt accept any refugees until we have reduced the unemployent figures down below 2.5 m. and the homeless to a respectable level. No doubt I will get slated but that is my opinon and see no reason whatso ever why we should keep accepting them, when we cant cope with our own problems.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The answer to the OP question is obviously different if bringing them in and taking them out. I believe that benefits should be reducedto encourage people back to work and we shouldnt accept any refugees until we have reduced the unemployent figures down below 2.5 m. and the homeless to a respectable level. No doubt I will get slated but that is my opinon and see no reason whatso ever why we should keep accepting them, when we cant cope with our own problems.

We do have our own problems, but maybe their problems are just a tiny bit bigger than ours. It's called Humanity.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We do have our own problems, but maybe their problems are just a tiny bit bigger than ours. It's called Humanity.

you my friend are clueless.......this latest round of migrants will have a derogatory effect like none seen before , do you not use the internet much...??? they are here for one thing and one thing only.......free money...!!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
you my friend are clueless.......this latest round of migrants will have a derogatory effect like none seen before , do you not use the internet much...??? they are here for one thing and one thing only.......free money...!!

I actually use the internet quite a bit. Do you not watch the news? I like to think I am not paranoid and cynical.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015

You are in no position to call anyone "clueless"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here