Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace top 6 ? WTF ?

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
They'll win the Premier League within the next 10 years :mad:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Forget them. Enjoy what we're doing this season.

Exactly this. They're a v solid team now tbf (the strongest the franchise have been in their 5 year history) and they're gonna be in the prem league for a while I feel. But don't really care and just concerned on us. It must be weird being in their position - nothing to play for in terms of relegation and not a real chance of the top 4 (despite their fans saying they will be top 4) - it must be a bit boring? Hopefully I'll find out one day, but it's another if my prem lg gripes - at least in the championship there's always that hope of a play off push if you're mid table halfway through the season..

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
- Alan Pardew, Seven Pillars of Carshalton: A Triumph

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
- Alan Pardew, Seven Pillars of Carshalton: A Triumph

Somebody better tell Pardew to stay away from the motorbikes. On the other hand...

They are doing well.
An established Premiership club.
Only ray of sunshine is that it gives us great hope that we can do it soon.

Teams like Leicester and Palace this season should give most of the football league hope that we have a healthy competitive league system in place. The reason we had a such a good rivalry with palace was because of how similar we were in support and team strength. We might have the opportunity to eat at the top table so don't knock the fact that the pups are grabbing some choice joints rather than the scraps!:moo:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Anyone can beat anyone in the EPL this year:

[tweet]673778733535268864[/tweet]

Same goes for our L1 and L2:

[tweet]673988823475339264[/tweet]

But strangely not in our division ???

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Exactly this. They're a v solid team now tbf (the strongest the franchise have been in their 5 year history) and they're gonna be in the prem league for a while I feel. But don't really care and just concerned on us. It must be weird being in their position - nothing to play for in terms of relegation and not a real chance of the top 4 (despite their fans saying they will be top 4) - it must be a bit boring? Hopefully I'll find out one day, but it's another if my prem lg gripes - at least in the championship there's always that hope of a play off push if you're mid table halfway through the season..

A bit boring !!! top 6 of the most watched and arguably best football league in the world...if BHA get promoted and are only 6th with no chance of the top 4 will you be saying "this is boring" ?? I think we need to get a bit real here.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Anyone can beat anyone in the EPL this year:

[tweet]673778733535268864[/tweet]

Same goes for our L1 and L2:

[tweet]673988823475339264[/tweet]

But strangely not in our division ???
They can't provide one of those lovely diagrams for the Championship yet :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A bit boring !!! top 6 of the most watched and arguably best football league in the world...if BHA get promoted and are only 6th with no chance of the top 4 will you be saying "this is boring" ?? I think we need to get a bit real here.

Yes - I might do if it continued for a season or 2. That is one of my worries about when/if we do get promotion - nowhere to really aim for as such. I may feel differently if we get there but at the moment that's always been a worry of mine - talking about palace or any other team like Stoke for example. Season after season being steady and mid table bordem.. Ticket prices & KO times are another.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Makes a refreshing change to be honest ,I always found the premadona league very one sided and at best boring with the same old faces and didnt go out of my way to watch it ,but tend to now as it is far more open and entertaining .
Without sounding backslapping, fair play to them and good to see new teams adding a new dynamic to what was becoming a two tier league .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes - I might do if it continued for a season or 2. That is one of my worries about when/if we do get promotion - nowhere to really aim for as such. I may feel differently if we get there but at the moment that's always been a worry of mine - talking about palace or any other team like Stoke for example. Season after season being steady and mid table bordem.. Ticket prices & KO times are another.

You need to get some worry beads...:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here