Your team for Hull in the FA cup.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Maenpaa

Calde Goldson Uwe Chicksen

Ince Holla/ JFC

Harper Towell Elvis

Akindayini

Basically made up of fringe players but still think they'd have a good go. Personally I usually like a good cup run but this year if we're still top i'd like to think we'd concentrate on the league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maenpaa

Ince Holla/ JFC

Harper Towell Elvis

Akindayini

Basically made up of fringe players but still think they'd have a good go. Personally I usually like a good cup run but this year if we're still top i'd like to think we'd concentrate on the league.

I would bring in Crofts if he and JFC have not left either on loan or sold by then. Also play Dunk instead of Uwe who I expect to be back to first choice by then

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Maenpaa

Ince Holla/ JFC

Harper Towell Elvis

Akindayini

Pretty much this. Might fit Tilley in there somewhere.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maenpaa

??? Not Bruno or Calderon ( unless we have singed a leftback )
Goldson
Dallison
Chicksen

JFC
Towell
Ince
Elvis

Harper
Tilley

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is my preferred team for the Qatar cup or whatever abomination it is now prostituted as.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1449528423260.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1449528423260.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 888

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The development squad for me. To play their development squad, I would imagine.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What better time to play our two Xmas presents from uncle Tony in a Venables style Xmas tree formation?

Maenpaa

RVLP Goldson Uwe Chicksen

Towell Holla Ince

JFC Lodeiro

Calleri

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maenpaa

??? Not Bruno or Calderon ( unless we have singed a leftback )
Goldson
Dallison
Chicksen

JFC
Towell
Ince
Elvis

Harper
Tilley

No.

This team, as well as all the others mentioned on here thus far, is far too lightweight, Towell won't play as he won't have had any first team experience at all with the club. Dallison, Harper and Tilley, are also devoid of any first team experience either.

I'm fully aware that the Championship is what we need to give preference to, but I'm sure that Hughton will want to field at least two or three first teamers, maybe even more.

Many will say a cup run will detract from our efforts to reach the Premier League, but I'm of the opinion that a winning team breeds success, whatever competition it may be in.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
As few first teamers as possible. The FA Cup (I absolutely refuse to use the sponsor's name) is just not important to us.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I want to see our best 11 play. I love a good cup run and I hate it when teams play a weakened side. I want us to win every game we play.

Also, a cup run can only help a winning mentality.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would expect that as well as playing a number of fringe players both teams will not want a replay

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
There are plenty of squad members who could do with game time.

Possibly Walton if he returns
Baldock should be back by then and this game could be his target for a phased return
RVLP if he is still with us and wolves allow him to get cup tied
Goldson plus one of Dunk/BFG. Will Rea be back?
Ince/crofts/JFC/holla in the middle
towell
Manu
Chicksen

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No.

This team, as well as all the others mentioned on here thus far, is far too lightweight, Towell won't play as he won't have had any first team experience at all with the club. Dallison, Harper and Tilley, are also devoid of any first team experience either.

I'm fully aware that the Championship is what we need to give preference to, but I'm sure that Hughton will want to field at least two or three first teamers, maybe even more.

Many will say a cup run will detract from our efforts to reach the Premier League, but I'm of the opinion that a winning team breeds success, whatever competition it may be in.

Yes, I suspect that it will be a mixed team and imagine Hull will have similar thoughts. Had it been a glamour home tie, then I would have been looking forward to it, but it is hard to get excited over this. I do agree that a winning team gains momentum, and whilst I usually look forward to the cup, perhaps on balance this year there are other priorities. More matches mean a greater chance of injuries and if the worst case scenario is true, and we don't have the "fab four" back until Feb, and then somewhat rusty, we would be shooting ourselves in the foot. Shame, but the stakes are too high this season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A good cup run did not help us when we were relegated from the first division and appeared in the final. It did not help Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Leicester City, Wigan and Manchester City either.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
After watching the ladies on Sunday give them the chance:nono: normally I would say the strongest team but I think the leauge is the most important priority this season so I have confidence that the manager will pick a team that will do us proud I would think Hull have the same issue but a bigger squad. It also depends who we sign.:thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The reserves. We honestly don't need the distraction this time around.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I would send our first team on holiday that weekend, literally take none of them to Hull - have a well earned rest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here