Living In a Box
Romelu Lukaku for Everton tonight, a simply superb strike rate

Take a bow

:bowdown::bowdown:

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro
Great, Lukaku is my Fantasy Premier League captain :)

Bugger, I dropped Dann to the bench :-(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The weather here is disappointing. Windy with spots of drizzle.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Another reason to laugh at Mourinho, letting him go must be one of his worse decisions in management. He was the natural replacement for Drogba.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Romelu Lukaku for Everton tonight, a simply superb strike rate

' A simply superb strike rate ' in todays football but par for the course in the past. The benchmark for any striker has always been 1 in 2 but the paucity of prolific scorers now leads to hyperbole over pretty ordinary performances. Lots of todays players have to feed off scraps because of the terrible service they get. The art of crossing the ball from out wide has been lost, partly due to the likes of Beckham, who practised the art of crossing blind around people or falling backwards as he crossed the ball. Too many players just knock the ball into space hoping someone will get on the end of it. Free-kicks and corners are generally awful. What are these guys practising? Where is the carefully threaded through ball pinged 30-40 yards into the path of a forward a la Haynes or Hoddle, with pace, with cut, with accuracy.
Forwards do themselves no favours as well, showing no desire to hone their skills in one-on-one situations with the goalie but constantly look for ways to go down in the box, win cheap penalties and then watch someone else put the ball in the back of the net.
All you hear these days is people going on about the work-rate of certain strikers ( usually those not scoring very often ) papering over the fact that the bloke can't score goals. Football may be awash with money but I don't see players working hard enough to improve. The standard at the highest level of our game is very ordinary.
Lukaku should be getting goals, Everton paid nearly £30m for him. For that sort of money, I would expect a 1 in 2 strike rate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here