Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Indisputably MOM on Saturday we could have been 5 - 0 down at half time , currently strongest contender for player of the season:albion2:IMHO:albion2:
:albion2:

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Best Albion keeper and one of the finest people to play for us. Total respect for what he has done since Shoreham

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I was one of his biggest critics last year but fair play to the boy he has turned it round this year! Got my vote for MOM on Saturday, player of the season maybe? :albion2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has been a total revelation since last season in every aspect of his game. What do you put it down to, Losing some weight, a new goalkeeping coach or just get to know the team and backroom staff. Whatever it is good for him and lets hope he keeps it going.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Agree with MOM for Saturday..

So many strong contenders for player of the season though!
Stockdale, Bruno, Greer,Solly, Kayal, Stephens, Bobby, Kaz, Rosenior. All in with a decent shout for it so far.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If we make it to the PL, there are a few players in our team who would hold their own. Stockdale is one of them.

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
For me it's not just his performances on the pitch, it's the way he conducts himself off it. He seems to be very club orientated, a lot like Calde, Sometimes I think if my car broke down and I asked him for a lift home after the game he'd say sure, no problem

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
When we signed Maenpaa I was delighted to see a calming safe pair of hands between the posts, I just never expected it to be Stockdale after the shambles of last season.

He has hugely suprised me and become one of our players of the season

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
For me it's not just his performances on the pitch, it's the way he conducts himself off it. He seems to be very club orientated, a lot like Calde, Sometimes I think if my car broke down and I asked him for a lift home after the game he'd say sure, no problem

Very much so. I seem to remember he was highly regarded at Fulham, and not just for his goalkeeping. Very good keeper and a thoroughly decent and community minded man - very human. Don't think we could do much better all round.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Complete opposite to last season which gives the defence confidence

It really isn't. He was a good keeper last season with a strange type of defence with no full backs for the first part of it. All keepers make mistakes but the fans blamed him instead of the tactics that left him exposed. His great humour in turning it around was evident #blameStockdale.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He wasn't a bad 'keeper last season and I maintain his saves were a big part in keeping us in the Championship.

Our whole back 5 were exposed by Hyypia's tactical naivety and, by the time Hyppia had gone, they were just in survival mode.

Beyond that, as others have said, the way he carries himself around the club is magnificent - he's a wonderful ambassador.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Indisputably MOM on Saturday we could have been 5 - 0 down at half time , currently strongest contender for player of the season:albion2:IMHO:albion2:
:albion2:

Sorry but no. Yes I don't dispute that ghe had a fine game on Saturday, but I thought Solly probably edged him out as man of the match.

Bruno, Kayal, and Stephens are also ahead of him in the running for player of the season at the moment too, in my book.

Dec 29, 2011
Kayal is undisputed POTS in my opinion. His work rate in every game is immense. I think our season would crumble if he got injured, he's that important. If he was out who could replace him? We have no-one who'd do his job any where near as well as him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here