Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Panorama 830 TONIGHT More FIFA scandal

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Or just old news REHASHED ?

A very poor rehash the only interesting thing so far the syrup that Yankee lawyer was sporting

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
IT is a total disgrace that FIFA has remained so blatantly corrupt for so long

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
"I told you he was a crook" and he did for more than 15 years.

He told the world in 2010, 3 days before the awarding of those 2 world cups and was pilloried-even Cameron had a dig, along with countless others. Most of the rest of the world took great delight in saying England's claims were merely 'sour grapes'.

"I told you he was crook" was a fitting way to close the programme.

Now it is time for football to start again by closing down FIFA and cancelling both World Cups.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
"I told you he was a crook" and he did for more than 15 years.

He told the world in 2010, 3 days before the awarding of those 2 world cups and was pilloried-even Cameron had a dig, along with countless others. Most of the rest of the world took great delight in saying England's claims were merely 'sour grapes'.

"I told you he was crook" was a fitting way to close the programme.

Now it is time for football to start again by closing down FIFA and cancelling both World Cups.

England should, right now, declare their intention to refuse to participate in either of the next two World Cups unless the whole process is re-run.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"

Completely agree. FIFA make Batmanghelid's charity look like value for money.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Very informative show, the extent of the corruption and the huge sums involved is simply mind- boggling.

For the good of the sport the World Cup in Qatar should be called off and FIFA disbanded and reconstituted in another form as soon as is feasible. The brand that is FIFA is now permanently tainted and cannot recover.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Extremely good and informative programme
That this has been going on for so long is shocking but where there's big bucks there's deep pockets and greedy people - I'm only really surprised about the actual amounts that have been changing hands
Blatter, Warner, Blazer, Teixaria et al took the view that they were above the law and that they could do what they wanted and feather their own nests. I certainly hope that the States has it's own version of POCA and that assets can be seized
Interesting too that Nike seem to have been playing a large part in all this . . .
Z

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Excellent programme. This is what journalism is all about and I commend Andrew Jennings, whom has been investigating Fifa for 15 years. He must feel great that his hard work is now being vindicated.

Isn't it a shame that they took their bribes in US$ which allows the FBI to investigate:D Nice one ha, ha, ha

Lets hope the Feds don't take too long indicting all the crooks at FIFA and allow old age to let them wriggle off the hook. Get them in court!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Excellent programme. This is what journalism is all about and I commend Andrew Jennings, whom has been investigating Fifa for 15 years. He must feel great that his hard work is now being vindicated.

I felt sorry for him that he was attacked for his documentary that aired 3 days before the 2018 World Cup vote which exposed endemic FIFA corruption. He was criticised by the great and the good for hijacking England's attempts to host the 2018 World Cup, then partially blamed as we bombed out in the first round.

Now he has been fully vindicated and Gary Lineker showed good grace to acknowledge Jennings had been unfairly criticised.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I felt sorry for him that he was attacked for his documentary that aired 3 days before the 2018 World Cup vote which exposed endemic FIFA corruption. He was criticised by the great and the good for hijacking England's attempts to host the 2018 World Cup, then partially blamed as we bombed out in the first round.

Now he has been fully vindicated and Gary Lineker showed good grace to acknowledge Jennings had been unfairly criticised.

I remember watching that and thinking, what is this guy (Jennings) doing...he has ruined our bid. But of course, he was just telling the truth.

Pretty much the next day Russia got 2018 (which on the face of it would have been acceptable, huge country, never had the World Cup etc) but 2022 to Qatar. That decision alone (Qatar) is bringing the whole rotten edifice crashing down. So many around the world just new this was basically taking the p155 (and still is of course). One of the countries it was taking it out of was the USA as they had bid for 2022. The FBI are now investigating a little bit more into you and your organisation. You reap what you sow Mr Blatter :laugh:

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thoight it was a great programme. Also very worrying.

For me, the question is this - Is there anyone that isn't a crook at FIFA?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pretty much the next day Russia got 2018 (which on the face of it would have been acceptable, huge country, never had the World Cup etc) but 2022 to Qatar. That decision alone (Qatar) is bringing the whole rotten edifice crashing down. So many around the world just new this was basically taking the p155 (and still is of course). One of the countries it was taking it out of was the USA as they had bid for 2022. The FBI are now investigating a little bit more into you and your organisation. You reap what you sow Mr Blatter :laugh:

But that's the supreme irony. According to Blatter, he wanted 2022 to go to the USA but it was only the intervention of Platini - after a meeting between the Qataris and President Hollande, then Hollande and Platini - that caused the shift in votes to go from the USA to Qatar.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
snouts in the FIFA trough
they have added to ruination of our game
the culprits should be locked up for a very long time, but I am not holding my breathe
and If I had my way no teams would turn up in Russia or Qatar slimy bar stewards

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
But that's the supreme irony. According to Blatter, he wanted 2022 to go to the USA but it was only the intervention of Platini - after a meeting between the Qataris and President Hollande, then Hollande and Platini - that caused the shift in votes to go from the USA to Qatar.

I know, it is indeed the supreme irony. Blatter made the organisation so rotten and so corruptable, he could not control some members of the 24 and their overwhelming greed and they went with Qatar (against Blatters wishes). If they had gone with the USA this (the downfall of FIFA) would not be happening I feel sure of it. The Swiss police are only acting on what the FBI are telling them to do. If the USA had won the bid, political pressure would be put on the FBI not to investigate FIFA I reckon.

And now the country that he wanted to win, their police is coming for him and FIFA big time.:lol:

What Blatter has been coming out in the press with lately goes against him too, he has pretty much said in quotes something along the lines of we (FIFA) had decided to give Russia 2018 and USA 2022. He is basically saying I know it was a stitch up but I wanted less of a (or a different) stitch up (dropping Platini in the poop while he is at it too).

Is that not against any international laws (I am no lawyer, but their must be legal documentation that associated FA/Govt's will have signed concerning the bidding process and fairness). I mean where do the losers in 2018 (for eg us, Spain) stand and for example Australia in 2022. What was the point (and associated costs) in any of us bidding?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I know, it is indeed the supreme irony. Blatter made the organisation so rotten and so corruptable, he could not control some members of the 24 and their overwhelming greed and they went with Qatar (against Blatters wishes). If they had gone with the USA this (the downfall of FIFA) would not be happening I feel sure of it. The Swiss police are only acting on what the FBI are telling them to do. If the USA had won the bid, political pressure would be put on the FBI not to investigate FIFA I reckon.

And now the country that he wanted to win, their police is coming for him and FIFA big time.:lol:

What Blatter has been coming out in the press with lately goes against him too, he has pretty much said in quotes something along the lines of we (FIFA) had decided to give Russia 2018 and USA 2022. He is basically saying I know it was a stitch up but I wanted less of a (or a different) stitch up (dropping Platini in the poop while he is at it too).

Is that not against any international laws (I am no lawyer, but their must be legal documentation that associated FA/Govt's will have signed concerning the bidding process and fairness). I mean where do the losers in 2018 (for eg us, Spain) stand and for example Australia in 2022. What was the point (and associated costs) in any of us bidding?

And that was without any voting whatsoever.

FIFA basically fu*ked us (England) over whilst letting us spend £22 Million or so on our bid. I'm pretty sure that Warner, who loathes England, was instrumental in us not winning the 2018 tournament-despite having everything in place. No corrupt building contracts for stadia or infrastructure. A (fairly) stable country with a perceived lack of corruption. That, I'm sure, is what cost us-Warner and no way to scoop uncountable millions into personal bank accounts.

Russia's bid/victory was tainted.

Qatar's is just an obscene joke.

Let's see who has the balls (and I hope it is The FA) to break ranks and say "We're pulling out because of the stench from FIFA, Mother Russia and Qatar". "Anybody care to join us-we'll put on an alternative competition"?

What a loathsome organisation Blatter, Warner, Hevelange, Platini and others have created. Nike aren't too clean in all of this either according to Andrew Jennings.

England gave football to the world-maybe it's time to reclaim it (without any influence from Murdoch).

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
If England pulled out of BOTH world cups I would fully support them. We'll never win the thing - so what's a few games in a tournament anyway? We'd play a few shit teams in the group stages, and get knocked out by Italy in the quarters.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
According to Blatter, he wanted 2022 to go to the USA but it was only the intervention of Platini - after a meeting between the Qataris and President Hollande, then Hollande and Platini - that caused the shift in votes to go from the USA to Qatar.

An interesting theory: the problem with it is that the vote for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups was in December 2010 and Hollande wasn't elected president until May 2012.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
An interesting theory: the problem with it is that the vote for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups was in December 2010 and Hollande wasn't elected president until May 2012.

It was Sarkozy and not Hollande, however, everything else that Pavilionaire intimated was correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here