Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Beckham believes the 2022 World Cup should be held in Qatar

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Is he mad? Or, more likely, has someone from Qatar transferred a large amount of money into his bank account?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has he said what hairstyle he would favour for those temperatures ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Don't imagine a large amount of money into his bank account would have much effect.

Errrr......why?

If, and only if, I were being offered say £5 million just to say 'I think Qatar could be a great venue' why would I possibly not take it? I might have £300 million but just to say'I think Qatar could be a great venue' is not breaking any rules etc etc, on the other hand maybe he has already had a payday? Obviously that is total speculation on my part.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
as far as i can see he didnt say this, its just lazy headline journalism. the BBC article quotes:
Beckham said: "Whether it's corrupt or not, those countries have been chosen. People need to get behind that. It's about bringing football to new countries. They should stick with it. They'll make it work."

so more a neutral, dont want to rock the boat comment, than a specific endorsement.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
as far as i can see he didnt say this, its just lazy headline journalism. the BBC article quotes:

so more a neutral, dont want to rock the boat comment, than a specific endorsement.

But of course it's not "bringing football to new countries" really is it as Qataris have very little interest in the sport? The total population of the country is only 1.8 million with only 278,000 of them being Qatari citizens. The next biggest group, Indians (545,000), are hardly known for interest in the beautiful game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Errrr......why?

If, and only if, I were being offered say £5 million just to say 'I think Qatar could be a great venue' why would I possibly not take it? I might have £300 million but just to say'I think Qatar could be a great venue' is not breaking any rules etc etc, on the other hand maybe he has already had a payday? Obviously that is total speculation on my part.
If I had £300M, I don't think Id be too bothered about an extra poxy £5M.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If I had £300M, I don't think Id be too bothered about an extra poxy £5M.

I have always thought that, but then you get these big(ish) movie stars appearing on ads for car insurance and airlines. Didn't Graf & Agassi appear on some too for something, can't be short of a few bob.
Parky is still giving out the free Parker Pen (and that is just for enquiring :eek:)

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have no interest whatsoever in what Beckham has to say, on this or any other matter.

:shrug:

Is the right answer. Hardly going to be a constructive argument given it would only be in words of one syllable.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brainless fool. And it will NEVER happen. FACT.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, when I said FACT, I meant BASELESS OPINION :lolol::facepalm::rock::shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here