Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don Goodman – Football Expert!

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...righton-have-immense-resolve-says-don-goodman

GOODMAN SAYS: "I have to be honest, I have been waiting for Brighton to start sliding down the table - slowly but surely. But I gave up that theory about six to eight games ago. It was then I realised that this is a team capable of sustaining their challenge because they have the ability to keep going and going. They never give in.

If you analyse the amount of games they've been behind in and salvaged points, it's quite frightening. They have got unbelievable resilience, resolve and character. Those are qualities that will get you success. I take my hat off to everyone at Brighton, but particularly Chris Hughton, who was harshly treated at Newcastle United when he was there.

"This is a man who knows what it takes to bring success to a football club at this level. It's quite remarkable what they've achieved. I bet the supporters are loving it."

Oops! Sorry don. Seems I’m being a little churlish when you’re being so generous - but we’re hardly ever behind!

Of the 20 games of our run, we’ve only been behind in 3 of them – all at home –

Cardiff –behind for 33 minutes

Bristol City – behind for 36 minutes.

Charlton – behind for 81 minutes.

10 consecutive away games without ever being in arrears – now that’s special!

I agree with your sentiment though, resilience, resolve and character.

Edit: Sorry missed the first thread!

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here