Match report from a Charlton perspective

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nice to see somebody appreciates Solly!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Caught on the wrong side of Zamora who had an umistakeable route to goal, the centre back deliberately clipped his heels and suffered the inevitability of an straight red card. Too often swayed by the home crowd's baying, referee Keith Stroud got this one right.

Oh, per-lease...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Bloody good read actually, shame the Argus don't have such eloquent and succinct reporters on their staff :)

Couldn't agree more, a newspaper should give them a shot as a match reporter. Paints a real picture, and incredibly well balanced.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'm confused by your quote, I read that as Normally home fans contribute to the fact the referee will feel the pressure and pull out the red card, however in this case there was no Doubt that The ref called this one right.

I read it as the referee's decisions in this match were being swayed by our baying.

In other words, he was accusing him of being a homer on Saturday, while acknowledging the red card decision was correct.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I read it as the referee's decisions in this match were being swayed by our baying.

In other words, he was accusing him of being a homer on Saturday, while acknowledging the red card decision was correct.

I read it that way too. Other than that a good report though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Fair point. You may well be right. I don't remember getting on the refs back all to often on Saturday, however I have had a few beers and a huge hangover in between times so I may have forgotten.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair point. You may well be right. I don't remember getting on the refs back all to often on Saturday, however I have had a few beers and a huge hangover in between times so I may have forgotten.

We didn't (but the report suggests we did). That is @TheBigChap's point!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here