Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21s away at Swansea, 12 noon ko

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No worries: they're merely practicing come-backs for later in life. Good lads.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Shocking lack of coverage by the Albion, even though Swansea have just had a fifth goal disallowed for being too good.

I remember last year I thought they had the best U21 team that I saw and Arsenal were very good. I wonder how many from that team are playing today.

Attachments

• U21 11.jpg
    U21 11.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 570

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
With our current injury crisis, this is where a player of our under 21s. Should be stepping up and trying to force his way in above chicksen.

But unfortunately no-one is doing this. I've been saying this for a while, isn't it time we replaced Simon Rusk and get in a more experienced under 21 coach, who knows the under 21 league?!

Look at Arsenal ( Steve Gatting) and the teams in our under 21 premier league have got?!

Yes I know we've only been a academy for a year or so, but this where I'm fearing we are lacking!!

Today result and our league position is reflecting this!!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
could be the case as starkey is the normal lb for the ds team dont look like he was in the squad to me

I'm not sure you can describe Starkey as the "normal lb". He is left-footed and can certainly play all the left-sided roles, but he is predominantly a more attacking player. Last season he only played at left-back for the DS four times.

This season, out of 13 matches, both Starkey and Dylan Barnett have played left-back 5 times (for Barnett it is his recognised role); Chicksen has played there twice, and Rob Hunt once.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I'm not sure you can describe Starkey as the "normal lb". He is left-footed and can certainly play all the left-sided roles, but he is predominantly a more attacking player. Last season he only played at left-back for the DS four times.

This season, out of 13 matches, both Starkey and Dylan Barnett have played left-back 5 times (for Barnett it is his recognised role); Chicksen has played there twice, and Rob Hunt once.

i agree when we signed him he was a winger but iv only seen him play lb this season i can only assume they are trying to convert him

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Starkey's been used as a full back, he has always been an attacking wide player who had a go more central last year.

Its not a case about developing and experiencing different positions its basically to accommodate others that they wish to play midfield ahead of him, thats not to say someone somewhere within the club might not think he has a chance to become a good full back, time will tell.

He didnt play today as he is injured.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With our current injury crisis, this is where a player of our under 21s. Should be stepping up and trying to force his way in above chicksen.

But unfortunately no-one is doing this. I've been saying this for a while, isn't it time we replaced Simon Rusk and get in a more experienced under 21 coach, who knows the under 21 league?!

Look at Arsenal ( Steve Gatting) and the teams in our under 21 premier league have got?!

Yes I know we've only been a academy for a year or so, but this where I'm fearing we are lacking!!

Today result and our league position is reflecting this!!

Surely the results and where you are in the table are second to developing the players!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Tilley didn't play? I thought he was one of or better players.

Albion have 23 players in the development squad. When you also include occasional appearances for first-team squad members and scholars, there is no way that everyone can play every match. Rob Hunt is the only ever-present for the U-21s this season.

Also did Dallison change his name?

No, Dallison-Lisbon was registered at birth (and is the name that he was registered under by the FA). The Albion, though, have only ever referred to him as Dallison.

Dec 29, 2011
Albion have 23 players in the development squad. When you also include occasional appearances for first-team squad members and scholars, there is no way that everyone can play every match. Rob Hunt is the only ever-present for the U-21s this season.

No, Dallison-Lisbon was registered at birth (and is the name that he was registered under by the FA). The Albion, though, have only ever referred to him as Dallison.

Thanks as always

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here